Going railroading in two weeks!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, . . . its two weeks away. Friday, November 7 depart Chicago Union Station at 5:35 on the Capitol Limited. Damn, do I need this trip!! Work is wild this year. Anyway, I can already taste that steak in the diner . . .

If you guys hear of anything different going on with the Capitol Limited on this day, let me know. YOu can also track my trip if you want.

My budy and I will return to Chicago departing Washington, D.C. on Monday, November 10 .

P.S. We got a deluxe bedroom. That is gonna be so cool. We are both teachers, and we are gonna shut the door, turn of the lights after dinner, and go totallyl un politically correct as we discuss are goofy colleagues. :D

I second that Steve. Have a geat trip! :) :D

Don't forget that you get to use both the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago and the Club Acela in DC. Let me know if you need directions to the DC lounge. I'm sure you know where the Chicago one is. :)

Be sure to let us know how it went too. :)

It's kind of funny I found the ClubAcela lounge without having to dig out Alan's directions. :lol: While I was walking up the concourse to find a friend who'd beaten me to DC I inadvertently found it. It's pretty hard to miss, and definitely much quieter than the rest of the station.

battalion51 said:
It's kind of funny I found the ClubAcela lounge without having to dig out Alan's directions. :lol: While I was walking up the concourse to find a friend who'd beaten me to DC I inadvertently found it. It's pretty hard to miss, and definitely much quieter than the rest of the station.
Agreed, it's one of the easier lounges to find.

But I still offer directions just in case. :)

It can never kill ya to have directions (or at least I'd hope it wouldn't). :lol:

Hey steve,

I will be following you the week after on the Capitol Limited from CHI-WAS in Deluxe Room C. If you think about it let me know what's on the dinner menu out of Chicago. I was on the Capitol a year ago and they had filet mignon and it was EXCELLENT!

Steve,

Just currious what they charged you for the deluxe room. The lowest price starts at room E and get more expensive as they sell the rooms with A being the last room available and most expensive. I paid $249 for C. I beleave the price starts at $170 for room E on that trip.

Same price. When you loom in the fare book it lists rates for coach, standard, deluxe, handicap, and family rooms. The guy in Room A could be paying the same amount as the guy in E. It all depends on how the bucket falls.

amtrakmichigan said:
Hey steve,
I will be following you the week after on the Capitol Limited from CHI-WAS in Deluxe Room C. If you think about it let me know what's on the dinner menu out of Chicago. I was on the Capitol a year ago and they had filet mignon and it was EXCELLENT!
Will do! I have been thinking about that dinner in the diner for about 4 weeks now. That is probably the main reason why my co-workers are still alive. :D

amtrakmichigan said:
Steve,
Just currious what they charged you for the deluxe room. The lowest price starts at room E and get more expensive as they sell the rooms with A being the last room available and most expensive. I paid $249 for C. I beleave the price starts at $170 for room E on that trip.
The accomodation charge for the round trip was 498 dollars round trip. I guess the fare each way was 249 each way.

AlanB said:
I second that Steve. Have a geat trip! :) :D
Don't forget that you get to use both the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago and the Club Acela in DC. Let me know if you need directions to the DC lounge. I'm sure you know where the Chicago one is. :)

Be sure to let us know how it went too. :)
Alan, my buddy wanted to go to my school first, and then ride with me to the station. Which is ok. But there is a wooden bench and one wooden chair in our principal's outer office. I think he would be better off in the lounge. So I am encouraging him to go directly to the station and meet me there.

I will give directions to him. And definitiely, you guys will get a trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back