Going to Buffalo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbonnet

Service Attendant
Guys,

Need a little help. May be going to Buffalo this fall. Do I want to get off at BUF or BFX? I need to rent a car in Buffelo as I'm driving to Corning. I'll be on the SW Chief to Chi, and connect with the Lake Shore. Also, how far is it from the BUF Amtrak stop to the Buffelo\Niagria Falls airport? I'll need to fly back to Calif, and dump the rented car. Any thoughts from you guys in NY for a Californian on this? Thanks,

Wb

Buffalo-Depew (code BUF) is a half-skip-and-a-jump from the airport. It's maybe a 3-5 minute taxi ride. If I remember correctly, the car rental offices are right across the street from the baggage claim/pick-up zone in the parking garage complex at the airport.

warbonnet said:
Guys,
Need a little help. May be going to Buffalo this fall. Do I want to get off at BUF or BFX? I need to rent a car in Buffelo as I'm driving to Corning. I'll be on the SW Chief to Chi, and connect with the Lake Shore. Also, how far is it from the BUF Amtrak stop to the Buffelo\Niagria Falls airport? I'll need to fly back to Calif, and dump the rented car. Any thoughts from you guys in NY for a Californian on this? Thanks,

Wb
Well if you're riding the Lake Shore to Buffalo, then you have no choice but to get off at BUF. The LSL doesn't stop at BFX, so if you want BFX (downtown Buffalo), you'd have to transfer to an Empire Corridor train.

Both stations offer On Call rental cars.

Thanks all your your replys. Yes, Rochester is closer to Corning, but I'll need to rent a car at the airport after I get off the train, as I plan to fly back to Calif. The airline service is better at Buf.

Back