Greetings from Redding, CA!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always enjoyed trains and even had a stint where I actually got to ride in locomotives and other commuter cars implementing Positive Train Control at Caltrain. Looking forward to taking Amtrak whenever possible. I've worked out a trip going from Redding to Oakland to attend a soccer match using the Capital Corridor (w/Thruway Bus) in the morning and coming back on the Coast Starlight. Also hoping to do a VIA Rail trip in July.

I have always enjoyed trains and even had a stint where I actually got to ride in locomotives and other commuter cars implementing Positive Train Control at Caltrain. Looking forward to taking Amtrak whenever possible. I've worked out a trip going from Redding to Oakland to attend a soccer match using the Capital Corridor (w/Thruway Bus) in the morning and coming back on the Coast Starlight. Also hoping to do a VIA Rail trip in July.
Happy riding!

Welcome!

Welcome! I transferred from Greyhound to the Thruway bus in Redding last summer (replacing the canceled Train 11). It's a nice station complex for a smaller city.

Back