Grey Dog & Peter Pan Moving to WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bus station had been four long blocks north of Union Station for a number of years in a downright ugly building that was not close to Metro, or really anything else, so this is good news for people catching either 'The Dog' or 'The People Pleaser.' Article HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used WAS for Megabus before, and there's not really any good waiting area for buses at WAS. Unless I missed something, I can't find out if my bus is here if I go inside (there's no screens or such), so it's basically waiting in a parking ramp. I would think a true intermodal facility would make it easy to wait inside the main building for any mode of transportation, bus included.

I've used WAS for Megabus before, and there's not really any good waiting area for buses at WAS. Unless I missed something, I can't find out if my bus is here if I go inside (there's no screens or such), so it's basically waiting in a parking ramp. I would think a true intermodal facility would make it easy to wait inside the main building for any mode of transportation, bus included.
I believe that a waiting area with restrooms and vending machines for passengers is being built on the bus terminal deck level. Presumably better display screens are part of the expansion process. I would not expect anything more than a basic facility, because under the proposed Master Plan for DC Union Station, the entire parking garage is to be torn down after a new underground garage is built and, without checking the plan summary, a new bus terminal at the north end of the planned expanded concourse.

I believe that a waiting area with restrooms and vending machines for passengers is being built on the bus terminal deck level. Presumably better display screens are part of the expansion process. I would not expect anything more than a basic facility, because under the proposed Master Plan for DC Union Station, the entire parking garage is to be torn down after a new underground garage is built and, without checking the plan summary, a new bus terminal at the north end of the planned expanded concourse.
From what I can tell, in the long run they really need a dedicated bus access path to/from WAS. Mind you, this might be the construction in front of the station, but the buses going in and out can make a mess of traffic given how they respond (or, in some cases, don't) at the traffic lights.

Nice, I guess buses to Chicago will also be departing from WAS! I see one leaves at 17:40. I like LD buses better than SD, more "road trip" feeling without having to drive! Wonder what bus runs that trip, refurbished 102DL3 would be great! :)

Back