Greyhound bus passengers stranded in Memphis up to four days

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DET63

Conductor
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 5:38 PM PSTUpdated: Feb 01, 2010 6:51 AM PST

By Lori Brown -

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Dozens of Greyhound bus passengers were stranded in downtown Memphis Sunday afternoon waiting to get back on the road.

The bus passengers, who had been stranded when a winter storm hit the Mid-South Friday, began to get frustrated by Sunday afternoon.

Clint Allen from Texas was trying to get to Omaha, Nebraska but got stuck in Memphis for four days. He said it was not just the wait that bothered him. It was the lack of communication.

"They won't even talk to you in here," Allen said. "You ask them something and they're real snappy with you."
More about problems with the Long Dog.

This is amazing, if true?(media!) Id think that lawyers would be arriving in force over this one, Im not a lawyer but this borders on criminal negligence IMO! At least the guy said the folks in Dallas gave them food vouchers, the *******s in Memphis didnt do squat! Elvis indeed has left the building! :blink:

And say what you want about Amtrak, at the least the pax would have gotten some beef stew( :lol: ), a trip to a second line motel/hotel and travel arrangements ASAP! GML is living proof of how CR handles delays! Take the train, not the dog!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
how about this

Caponey was in disbelief at how the security guard treated her.
"Just because I wanted to say something and voice my opinion," Caponey said. "I should be able to, I guess I'm not understanding that."

Despite the security guard's threats, Caponey decided to be interviewed in hopes of getting help for the other passengers.

After the interview, the security guard kicked Caponey out of the station, forcing her to wait outside in the cold for her bus.

"I should be able to talk to who I want to, when I want to," Caponey said.
says greyhound is trying to identify that guard and discipline him.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was something on the TV news about Greyhound passengers stranded up to three days in Atlanta.

The weather in Atlanta proper was fine but mountainous north Georgia, near the Carolina and Tennessee borders, was not as good. Plus from cites further away, stacked up like it also gets at airports.

how about this
Caponey was in disbelief at how the security guard treated her.
"Just because I wanted to say something and voice my opinion," Caponey said. "I should be able to, I guess I'm not understanding that."

Despite the security guard's threats, Caponey decided to be interviewed in hopes of getting help for the other passengers.

After the interview, the security guard kicked Caponey out of the station, forcing her to wait outside in the cold for her bus.

"I should be able to talk to who I want to, when I want to," Caponey said.
says greyhound is trying to identify that guard and discipline him.
Which will be a slap on the wrist and pay raise. :D

Read this and watched the linked video's and their comments, and the whole thing just sickens me. Unfortunately, that customer (dis)service incident, is sadly a microcosm of what Greyhound has degraded into in general.

What a difference from years past, especially before deregulation.

Competition is not always a good thing for consumers.

Airlines have slipped too, though not to that extreme.

Back