Haleah facility moving forward!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
Well, everyone knows that the manager resigned Friday!!! :eek:

Was hoping to post last night, but an old girlfriend called and we hit the town!!! :D Sorry, but it was a great time and I wish I could tell ya about it!!

It was rumored for weeks that he might resign, and when it was announced, the employees really got excited!! :lol:

What I found exciting, was the employees saying that everyone would have to work harder to get the trains on time and the PM line moving again!! :rolleyes: I was surprised how many people are upset that the trains are not departing on time and willing to help.

Word has it that Tommy Farr is coming to Hialeah for 2 months to get the ball rolling again. Tommy takes the time to talk to the employees and is good at motivating people. It's amazing how a little chat with the work crews can get things done. He has an "open door" policy, but he's always walking around the yard and talking to the workers. If he can do it, he will provide the tools to improve service and work enviornment.

I'm really looking forward to going to work Monday and seeing if we can get some PM cars out and improve our departure times.

Will keep you posted!

Wish us luck!!! :D It's going to get better!!!

Miami Joe B)

This sounds like the "you know what" finally hit the fan and the manager exited before he was "relieved" ;)

Nice to see that the boss is taking action on you guys's part! Great news for you and I hope that things can be turned around down there. Sounds like Tommy is a people person with an ear for making things better to improve the bottom line for everyone, especially him;)

At least you have your priorities straight there! A night on the town sounds good for anybody this time of year :D

I work with miami joe,but I don't agree about tommy, he's the biggest liar on the railroad ,Joe just try keep his position as a foreman :angry:

A few differing opinion of those in the know is great for the group, so long as it doesn't get out of hand ;)

Do not ,I mean DO NOT trust Farr.He will shake your right hand and stab you in the back with the left.

Only reason I believe in Farr is because of the quality and TIMELINESS they have in Sanford.

battalion51 said:
Only reason I believe in Farr is because of the quality and TIMELINESS they have in Sanford.
Hmm, I was late getting out of Sanford on the AT last month, so it wasn't that timely.

;) I agree with, the guess, about Farr . - Talking about quality, AT in Sanford used same cars inbound & outbound . Miami , quality cars going out ,defected cars coming down from all over, nations wide :angry:

AlanB said:
battalion51 said:
Hmm, I was late getting out of Sanford on the AT last month, so it wasn't that timely.
Well, there's nothing they can do about late trains coming in, they've got one of the best records in turning trains over, doing it in 5-6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back