Happy AU Anniversary

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanghai

Engineer
One of our illustrious AU Members is celebrating his one year anniversary

on AU today. Anyone care to guess the name of our member?

Tis not me!
sad.gif

I had to check as to when I joined since I knew it was around this time...but it was not today.

Of course, I also didn't think he was talking about me anyway - "illustrious" :p

I know it is not me. I am a lot older than one year. :lol: :lol:

Could it be Johnny from California??
Yep!

I want to give a sincere thank you to everyone on here who has got me even more knowledgeable and enthusiastic about transportation, geography, and TRAINS! I immensely enjoy everyone's unique sense of humor here on AU, and I am humbled by how much so many of you know. I sincerely appreciate being welcomed and still having my opinion valued here, despite my young age. Thank you again to everyone here for recognizing me for this, especially you Shanghai! I look forward to many more productive years here!
biggrin.gif

Thanks again,

Johnny

P.S. I promise I'll have the rest of the trip report within a few days, but I have had a lot of hw from all of my teachers immediately after spring break

There are actually 3, but I know which one you're talking about. ;)
Nope - only one registered on 4/17/2011, but I have an advantage you don't. :cool:
You do? :D

AU_4_17_11.png
Yep - I do - those other two actually registered a day or two earlier but weren't approved by an admin until the 17th, so from the board's view, they look like they joined on the 17th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - learn something new every day...
Ryan - to be fair about it, I can see things that you can't because of my position on the forum.

And, there is a difference between registered and joined. The three you mentioned actually "joined" the same day, but only one registered and joined. Someone could registered at 3 minutes to midnight one day and one of us wouldn't perhaps see it to approve the registration until 3 minutes after midnight which is the next day. That's what could have happened in this situation. Many of our registration requests come in the wee hours and are not seen until sometimes the next AM.

So - you are right that three joined, but only one registered. Maybe we're both right!!!

Back