HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Dave, and a most joyous New Year to all.

Things can't help but improve, despite economic doldrums. Just think: We'll soon be Bush-free! Reason enough right there for rejoicing.

My New Year's Eve itinerary:

1. Make tamales with my mom (a tradition), which will take most of the afternoon.

2. Welcome friends over to eat tamales, beans, and side dishes.

3. No third thing.

4. Whip up a batch of Uncle Patrick's Patented Eggnog (with assistance from the good Captain Morgan - a very fine fellow).

5. Celebrate the arrival of the new year with toasts to the continued effort to stomp Republicans into the ground. :D

EDIT: 6. Call cabs for friends who may have gotten to know the good Captain Morgan a little too well.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never eat fruitcake because it has rum

And one little bite turns a man to a bum

Oh how could there be a more terrible disgrace

Than a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face

Away away with rum, by gum

The song of the Salvation Army

Aloha

As less than a stellar year for me ends, it was made brighter for me, with the INCREDIBLE good time I shared with you, and my kids at this years Gathering. Mahalo

Next year will be better, as I know, we will share time again, along with some CHOWDAH!! and LOBSTAH!! And maybe some Baked Beans with a side of Tea :) :rolleyes:

Haouli Maka Hiki Ho

Before we add another sheet to the wind, Happy New Year from the correct coast.

According to my carefully calculated calendar, 2009 is the year of CHOWDAH!!

Best to all from Patrick and besotted friends: Joe D., Joe O., James, Juan, Jeff, Jerry, John, Julio. Yes, I'm aware that my pals' names all seem to begin with the letter J. So sue me. Shut up and have some tamales. These clowns/bozos have all been on train rides with me at one time or another (a Whooz friend requirement), and Joe O.'s brother even worked for the SP for a time before discovering what a nasty life railroading really is.

Say I, and say us all, here's to riding the rails safely in the new year. (clinking of glasses)

Happy New Year from the correct coast!
:huh:

Maybe (as you say) California is on the "correct coast", but Rhode Island is on the "right coast" - at least our schools teach the difference between "left" and "right"! :D

Best to all from Patrick and besotted friends: Joe D., Joe O., James, Juan, Jeff, Jerry, John, Julio. Yes, I'm aware that my pals' names all seem to begin with the letter J. So sue me.
How did you get all those friends with a "J"? :huh: Do you keep a "J" stashed under that fez? :lol: (Maybe "the Captain" was working overtime? :p )

EDIT: LOBSTAH!

Back