Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will eat Turkey in about 40 minutes. I want also wish you everybody a very nice Thanksgiving to the Workers of Amtrak and to the Familys at home. :D :)

Isn't it wonderful to see that family that you only ever see at Thanksgiving? :rolleyes: :lol:

I know we got our fair share here today!

Amtrak Railfan said:
I just eaten Turkey and the Turkey was very very good. And how about you how was your Turkey?
My turkey was splendid! I'm not one for gravy, so I instead took some organic cranberry sauce on my plate. Had some homemade sweet potatoes with cooked apples, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes with sour cream, cream cheese, and chives, and some great green beans with (I think) julienned almonds.

And of course, pumpkin pie for dessert! (There's some cheesecake for later)

Anthony said:
so I instead took some organic cranberry sauce on my plate.
:eek: I live in the cranberry capital of America and I can't even eat whole cranberry sauce. I'll stick with a good ol' can of jellied Ocean Spray cranberry sauce. :rolleyes: Anyway, glad everyone is having (or had) a good holiday.

I know it's late now, but this is the best recipe for Cranberry sauce. All you need are Cranberries (crushed), 1 cup of water, and 3/4-1 cup of sugar. Take the water to a boil add cranberries and sugar, mix, turn down the temperature, and serve. Five minute recipe. By the way that's courtesy of the Genius (and my God) Adam Carolla.

battalion51 said:
I know it's late now, but this is the best recipe for Cranberry sauce. All you need are Cranberries (crushed), 1 cup of water, and 3/4-1 cup of sugar. Take the water to a boil add cranberries and sugar, mix, turn down the temperature, and serve. Five minute recipe. By the way that's courtesy of the Genius (and my God) Adam Carolla.
How much on the cranberries?

Adam Corolla is of course the reason Jimmy Kimmel's show isn't that good, namely he isn't on it.

I moved out west so I would not have to spend certain holidays with my family, so instead I spent it with my girlfriend's and got to eat 2 dinners one made with the traditional things, the other with Filipino food...now I'm starting to resemble the Thankgsgiving Turkey...

First, I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving!

Amfleet, can you jog some of my old memories? On a trip to Boston about 30 years ago(seems like everything is "30 years ago" with me) I went on several Grayline bus tours out from Boston(as I have frequently done at many cities) and I remember stopping by a restaurant/store kind of place which sold all kinds of food but put cranberries in EVERYTHING--LITERALLY.

Do you have any idea what I am talking about? Of course there might be a lot of places like that nowadays. I think it centered around a certain small town.

Bill Haithcoat said:
First, I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving!
Amfleet, can you jog some of my old memories? On a trip to Boston about 30 years ago(seems like everything is "30 years ago" with me) I went on several Grayline bus tours out from Boston(as I have frequently done at many cities) and I remember stopping by a restaurant/store kind of place which sold all kinds of food but put cranberries in EVERYTHING--LITERALLY.

Do you have any idea what I am talking about? Of course there might be a lot of places like that nowadays. I think it centered around a certain small town.
The only place I think of would be the Ocean Spray plant up in Plymouth. I possible could have been a quirky little tourist trap too.

I did see the purported "plymouth rock" itself so I bet that is where and what the cranberry thing was. Thanks, Amfleet. Of course I could find it in all my scrapbooks at home, but remembering it here at work is another matter.

Bill Haithcoat said:
I did see the purported "plymouth rock" itself so I bet that is where and what the cranberry thing was.
Plymouth Rock is certainly somethin' ain't it. Nothin’ like an oversized washed up stone covered in graffiti. Swear to god they have replaced that thing ten times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back