Hello from a daily Amtrak commuter!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afsheen

Train Attendant
Hello from train 178, PHL-NYP! I'm a new forum member and a daily commuter from NYP-PHL (and back!). I've been doing the round trip since November, and while it's not quite as convenient as my old 15 minute walk to work, it is pretty cool to ride the train every day. If you're ever in the area, I'm usually on 641 or 185 in the AM and 652 or 178 in the PM, so stop by and say hello (although you might have to wake me up first).

Afsheen

Welcome to AU! :hi:

Since you ride Amtrak so much, I hope you are a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR). If not a member, I urge you to join. Send me a PM (Private Message - click on the envelope under my name) with your email address, and I'll be glad to refer you to AGR.

Since you ride Amtrak so much, I hope you are a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR). If not a member, I urge you to join. Send me a PM (Private Message - click on the envelope under my name) with your email address, and I'll be glad to refer you to AGR.
You're quick! :D Rest assured, I've been an AGR member for a few years and just requalified for Select as of this morning when the points for last month's pass posted.

Welcome! I ride 652 from PAO-PHL. Doing points runs. So you may have seen me come off that train!
Quite possible! I'm often at the station around the time 652 gets into PHL.

More importantly, I didn't realize that it's only $6.50 (!!!) for the PAO-PHL ticket - makes me wonder why so many people take Septa back and forth when they could be racking up AGR points instead. Looks like it could be a pretty easy run from PHL-PAO on 43 and back on 650 for a quick 200 points during lunch. Hmmm...

Welcome! I ride 652 from PAO-PHL. Doing points runs. So you may have seen me come off that train!
Quite possible! I'm often at the station around the time 652 gets into PHL.

More importantly, I didn't realize that it's only $6.50 (!!!) for the PAO-PHL ticket - makes me wonder why so many people take Septa back and forth when they could be racking up AGR points instead. Looks like it could be a pretty easy run from PHL-PAO on 43 and back on 650 for a quick 200 points during lunch. Hmmm...
That's why I do it! $13 low bucket! $16 high bucket.

Back