Hello from Blighty

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im Jason from England. Firstly thanks for allowing me on your forum.

Can I ask a question or two please. Im in Florida in February to visit Disneyland with the kids but I need time to see some locomotives. Ive been told Sanford is ok but I wanted to get some first hand accounts. Is Sanford ok for freight as well as the Autotrain and other passenger stuff, is there a break down of services during the days. Also is there anywhere else in the area that can keep my occupied for most of the day.

Thank you again.

Welcome Jason! :)

I moved your question to another spot so it will be seen by more of the membership. Hopefully you'll get a reply. I am not totally familiar with the best rail spotting places in central Florida, but I know many of our members are. I'll leave it to them to answer.

Also, I'm confused. You said "(you'll) visit Disneyland in Florida". In Florida, it's Disney World and in California it's Disneyland. There are over 5,000 kilometers between them! So which are you visiting? :huh: I don't want you to show up in Orlando when you have reservations in Anaheim! :eek:

You may want to check out railroad.net's forums. They have a trainspotting forum for Florida East Coast Ry, which you should visit, as well as a Southeast Rail Fan forum which covers smaller lines. Most of the movements in Florida are going to be freight. However, SunRail (sunrail . com) commuter rail may be up and running by Feb/2014 as well. I believe it will be M-F during rush hours at first. I believe Sanford is a Phase I station, but you should check the site to be sure.

Thank you guys. I didn't know of the difference Traveler, I can assure you its the one in Florida.

And Bus Nut I shall visit those sites you mentioned.

Thank you again, looking forward to the locomotives more then Mickey honest.

The Kissimmee station on Dakin Ave. is a gem. Classicly old and in great condition, air conditioned, and you can see the remains of the semaphore that once stood atop the roof (at least two branches split from here). Northbounds are more dramatic, with longer blasts of the locomotive siren. Also, if you park your car further up the track you can hear the Genesis engines really sing as they accelerate.

The Kissimmee station on Dakin Ave. is a gem. Classicly old and in great condition, air conditioned, and you can see the remains of the semaphore that once stood atop the roof (at least two branches split from here). Northbounds are more dramatic, with longer blasts of the locomotive siren. Also, if you park your car further up the track you can hear the Genesis engines really sing as they accelerate.
How many services a day goes through there because I think that's were we are based. Whats the freight like Conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back