Hello from NC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello board!

I'm new to this board but not train travel. I have ridden the Amtrak train from northern Ohio to Chicago and also several trains in Thailand. The overnight Bangkok to Chiang Mai is a fun trip :)

I am planning a trip from Greensboro NC to New Orleans, spend a few days there, then off to Texas :)

Any tips on budget (Value!) lodging in New Orleans near the French Quarter?

Thanks!

BB

Hello board!

I'm new to this board but not train travel. I have ridden the Amtrak train from northern Ohio to Chicago and also several trains in Thailand. The overnight Bangkok to Chiang Mai is a fun trip :)

I am planning a trip from Greensboro NC to New Orleans, spend a few days there, then off to Texas :)

Any tips on budget (Value!) lodging in New Orleans near the French Quarter?

Thanks!

BB
:hi: Welcome to the Forum! New Orleans is a wonderful City to visit and if you go in the Summer and when no "Big" Events are scheduled Hotels can be surprisingly affordable! Please use Kayak.com to Google up Deals in New Orleans, I use a place called Plas D'ame thats located in a 200 year old Building behind the cathedral, a couple of blocks from everytrhing, quiet, Beautiful Courtyard etc. and includes breakfast (although Cafe DuMond is only a short walk away!) for under $75 a night for two most nights during the week! Pleanty more, lots of the chains are great too!

If you havent joined Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) send me a PM (Personal Message) with your e-mail address and Ill refer you and well both get 500 Bonus Points when you take your first Trip within 90 days of joining! :D Plenty of iinfo here on New orleans and trains, some of it is even True! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to AU!
hi.gif

Feel free to ask any questions you want, and I sure someone here will provide an answer to it/them.

Back