HEN ZHONGYAO!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KCM

"Hen Zhongyao" means very important in chinese. I use this title just for attracting your eyes, because I got a very important question and see are there anyone can answer me kindly.

As I will go to Richmond (RVR), Williamsburg, Norfolk by Amtrak this winter, I am quite anxious about the transportation from the station to the downtown. Williamsburg and Norfolk are not problems, as both of them are just small town. But Richmond Staple Mill Rd is very far away from the downtown and I do not know how to get to there. GRTC (Richmond Transit) website is quite a bad one, it only provides meaningless information to me. Folks, do you know how can I go to Richmond downtown (or may be transportation hub) from the countryside RVR station? Twelve-thousand Thanks. (That's a common chinese appreciation, haha)

Make sure that you book a ticket to Richmond Main Street Station (RVM), and then you'll be downtown and won't have to worry about how to get from Staples Mill Road.

If for some reason you simply can't deal with the schedule of the few trains that stop at Main St., then you can always take a taxi from Staple Mills. There is also a bus, but I'm not real sure about it's schedule either.

Yeah, Main Station is a good choice, but because I go from Atlanta, the price to RVM would be $99.45 higher than to RVR. I have no idea about it, so I just choose Staple Mill Road. Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, Main Station is a good choice, but because I go from Atlanta, the price to RVM would be $99.45 higher than to RVR. I have no idea about it, so I just choose Staple Mill Road. Thanks for your reply.
In that case you'd have to catch the #18 bus on the main road outside the station and ride it to a transfer point with the #19 bus to get downtown. Or if you're ambitious and don't mind walking about a mile and a quarter, then you can walk straight down Glenside Drive to Broad St. to catch the #19.

Note the calling times on the buses aren't exactly exciting either, so you could be there for a while.

Ps. I'm not sure why it's so much more expensive for you to go to RVM, but I can buy a ticket from RVR to RVM for $12 before any discounts. I'm not sure what kind of layover might be involved at RVR, but it is another option to consider just booking a seperate ticket if you can get the times to work out.

Buying a seperate ticket from RVR to RVM is too time-consuming: I'll arrive RVR at 14:39 but the train going to RVM will depart at 16:45. It would be too late for me.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back