Hertz rental in Raton

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATSFNewton

Train Attendant
I'm headed to Raton in a few weeks on SWC and have booked a Hertz rental car. My understanding is that the Hertz dealer is near Raton station but have never used the service there. Anyone with any experience renting from Hertz in Raton? Is it in easy walking distance? Any other advice?

Google Maps shows it's .1 miles, about a 3-minute walk, from the Amtrak station. You head south on 1st St, turn right onto Rio Grande (the next corner), and then it's on the corner of Rio Grande and 2nd st.

You can also call them and ask them to meet you at the station. Some branches require four hours' notice, but I'm not sure if a branch in such a small town would require more than an hour's warning. I'd definitely call to check, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I turned in a one-way Hertz rental at that Raton location on the morning I was to catch SWC3 last August. The agency is actually United Collision Center on the southeast corner of 2nd and Rio Grande Ave.

It is right around the corner--maybe a 3-minute walk--from the station. They did drop me off at the station though since I had a large amount of luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back