Hi from Kansas City!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only traveled on Amtrak three times in my life. Twice from Lee's Summit Missouri to Hermann Missouri.
And once, as a kid, from Glenwood Springs Colorado to Denver.

I have always wanted to take a long distance Amtrak trip and I'm finally going to do it. I am booked, round trip on the California Zephyr from Galesburg Illinois to San Francisco next month.

I can take the train from Kansas City to Galesburg but I think I will drive over and back. It's a five and a half hour drive. I will spend less time waiting for the Zephyr if I drive over.

Besides trains, my interests are cars, crafting, travel and the Kansas City Chiefs.

I look forward to reading your experiences and sharing my own.
Julie in Lee's Summit MO

I have only traveled on Amtrak three times in my life. Twice from Lee's Summit Missouri to Hermann Missouri.
And once, as a kid, from Glenwood Springs Colorado to Denver.

I have always wanted to take a long distance Amtrak trip and I'm finally going to do it. I am booked, round trip on the California Zephyr from Galesburg Illinois to San Francisco next month.
Welcome! You don't say whether you're traveling coach, roomette, or bedroom on the Zephyr; but there's useful advice on this forum for any of those. What to pack, what not to pack, what to expect.

Back