Hi! I am new

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI! I am new here but not new to Amtrak. My name is Lenny and live in Louisville Ky and Panama city Beach Florida.

HI! I am new here but not new to Amtrak. My name is Lenny and live in Louisville Ky and Panama city Beach Florida.
Welcome ! Hi Lenny. I live in Orlando. We have much better access to Amtrak than you do in Panama city beach.

Welcome Lenn!
hi.gif

Just to keep on topic, I live in RI and have at least 1 train an HOUR on each direction!
mosking.gif

Welcome Lenn!
hi.gif

Just to keep on topic, I live in RI and have at least 1 train an HOUR on each direction!
mosking.gif
Yes, but does the Acela stop in your town? :giggle: But then, it doesn't stop in my town either... :blink:

Welcome Lenn. You've probably already figures out that, while we attempt to learn and enhance our and other's Amtrak experiences, we try to have some fun at the same time. If you find this site even half as rewarding as I've found it, I think you'll be very glad you joined!

Davy

Hi! going to the sun sue. I took that trip to Glacier about 8 years ago. Went ot Portland last Nov. going to LA on the Texas Eagle in Feb and in June I am going spend a week in Cape Cod and will try to go to NEW yORK from Providence. Thank for the welcome and keep in touch

in June I am going spend a week in Cape Cod and will try to go to NEW yORK from Providence.
Lenny, if you collect AGR points (as you should be doing) and are taking Acela, book from one of the Boston stations to NYP!
excl.gif
(You can still board in PVD.) The reason is that BOS/BBY/RTE-NYP are select city pairs, while PVD-NYP is not. With a select city pair ticket, you earn 500 points (for BC) or 750 points (for FC)! from PVD, you only earn 2 points per $! The difference could be like 200 points from PVD or 500 points from a Boston station!
cool.gif
And the cost is only like $4 or $5 more! (And many people do this - including many on AU!)

If you are on a Regional, forget the above.

Back