Hi there! ^-^

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone! I've been kinda browsing the forums the past few days and figured I might as well join and introduce myself. So here goes nothing!

My name is Lizerina, and I am preparing for my first real train ride. I've been on a short train ride for a day trip before, and maybe a short, fun ride or two when I was little. I've always really liked trains. Until recently, though, my knowledge has mainly been in Thomas trains. Yes, I am 18 and still like Thomas. I just never really grew out of it. Besides, a lot of adult have particular interests in child-like things.

I'm not really sure what else to put here, so if you want to know something about me, feel free to ask! = ]

Welcome aboard, Lizerina!
hi.gif

As far as never growing oit of Thomas, don't worry. We here have never grown out of loving trains!
laugh.gif
And some of us are 2, 3 or 4 times or more older than you!
mosking.gif

If you are planning on taking a train trip, I urge you to consider joining Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) prior to your trip! If you would like a referral, send me a PM (Private message - just click the envelope under my name) with your email address!

If you have any questions, please post them in the main forum. I'm sure you will get many responses. And don't worry if it a "stupid question" - the only stupid question is the one you did not ask because it was too stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a frequent flyer program, but for Amtrak. You get 500 points automatically for signing up, and the person who refers you gets 500 as well. That's why the_traveler was so quick to try to get you to be referred by him. You get two points for every dollar you spend on Amtrak, with a minimum of 100 points per one way segment. So if you paid $30, you would get 100 points, but if you paid the $84 that Amtrak is quoting for that itinerary you would get $168, so just by signing up and taking the trip you would already have an account balance of 668 points. I recommend that you sign up. It's free to join.

Edit: typos

Last edited by a moderator:
Until recently, though, my knowledge has mainly been in Thomas trains. Yes, I am 18 and still like Thomas. I just never really grew out of it.
Neither have I grown out of liking Thomas. And I am 3 times your age, more than 3 times. My love for trains began when I was around 6 and I lived near the north East Corridor. You will see in another forum I am involved with Thomas' first visit to Nevada..

Age is just a number and today I choose 13, my daughter knows the truth since she she is one year younger than Amtrak. :rolleyes: :giggle: :lol: :wub:

Aloha

Hey everyone! I've been kinda browsing the forums the past few days and figured I might as well join and introduce myself. So here goes nothing! My name is Lizerina, and I am preparing for my first real train ride. I've been on a short train ride for a day trip before, and maybe a short, fun ride or two when I was little. I've always really liked trains. Until recently, though, my knowledge has mainly been in Thomas trains. Yes, I am 18 and still like Thomas. I just never really grew out of it. Besides, a lot of adult have particular interests in child-like things. I'm not really sure what else to put here, so if you want to know something about me, feel free to ask! = ]
Welcome to the forum! I'm not exactly a huge Thomas fan myself. I guess I'm just not that big on the idea of mechanized anthropomorphism, but I have seen a few shows here and there. Something about seeing Ringo Starr or George Carlin in a conductor's uniform on a children's show tends to get your attention. :lol: In any case, anything that introduces more people to train travel is fine by me. As for questions, how about telling us where you're going? Or did I simply miss it in another thread? :unsure:

Back