Hotel info. by Amtrak Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
We will be coming in from Vancouver around ten at night on Amtrak. Then taking Empire Builder later in the afternoon the next day. Would like to be centrally located to Amtrak and the downtown. Any ideas? Was in Seattle five years ago but can't remember the hotels in a decent area.

We will be coming in from Vancouver around ten at night on Amtrak. Then taking Empire Builder later in the afternoon the next day. Would like to be centrally located to Amtrak and the downtown. Any ideas? Was in Seattle five years ago but can't remember the hotels in a decent area.
I like the Sheraton Seattle on Sixth Avenue. Mid-priced full service hotel near shopping and restaurants. $7-8 cab ride from King Street Station. Pre-paid rates and AAA rates offer some of their better deals.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=460

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at the Mayflower Park www.mayflowerpark.com just over a mile from the station.

We like the RED LION ON FIFTH. It's a comfortable hotel with nice rooms. It's very centrally located just a couple of blocks from the historic, famous PIKE PLACE MARKET and the SEATTLE MONORAIL station to go over the the Seattle World's Fair site for a look at the SPACE NEEDLE. The waterfront with its wharfs is walkable from the hotel as well.
The hotel has its own bar and restaurant, but additionally the ELEPHANT & CASTLE pub is located directly below the hotel. It will still be open when you arrive in case your're in need of some food and refreshment. :cool:

We've stayed at this hotel before and liked it. We'll be staying there again when we arrive in Seattle at the end of our trip in August ~ New Orleans-Los Angeles-Portland-Seattle. ^_^

It's about a $6 - $7 taxi trip from the Amtrak station to the hotel.

I have stayed at the Doubletree Arctic Club which is adjacent to the Pioneer Square LRT stop one stop from King Street station (well actually International District/Chinatown LRT stop adjacent to King Street Station). Worth it if you can snag a discounted room, or use HH Award. Regular rates are a bit on the steep side.

We are willing to walk to Pikes Market and such. We did it before. We can do it again. LOL

I'll second the Sheraton. Although it's farther out than a couple of the ones mentioned, I think it's worth it to be central downtown to everything.

Gingee, I believe I can find you a website with lower sheraton rates than the actual website if you are interested, but it depends on the dates.

I did check the Sheraton and it is very expensive. We need it for May 22.

When I was in Seattle last September, I stayed at the Alexis Hotel, which is fairly close to the King Street Station (within a mile). It is a Kimpton Hotel and they give discounts for Amtrak travelers. I got an even better discount at the last minute.

I did check the Sheraton and it is very expensive. We need it for May 22.
I suggest you use Kayak.com to compare the various Travel sites that have discount Hotel rooms, Ive had very good luck with them, Orbitz.com is another one that has worked for me including great deals in San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle in the Summer!

I found the Sheraton for 133 or 158.19 USD including tax for that evening. Not too bad when the website is $230. Message me if you want the details.

I definitely second the Arctic Club. It's close to the station, they give you warm cookies when you check in, it's quiet, the atmosphere is awesome and they have a free car service to the station. I found a good rate on a room by using my AAA membership. Just thinking about it and the Amtrak trip I took when I stayed there makes me miss the rails! :)

You can also check Hotwire for the date of your Seattle overnight for a 4-star hotel in the Pike Place area. For about 120 bucks, I have been booked at the Kimpton Vintage Park, Westin, Sheraton, and Grand Hyatt hotels. The downside would be that you don't collect points on Hotwire stays, so it's better for occasional use. If you'd like to stay on the waterfront and are bit more flexible on price, an oceanfront room overlooking Elliott Bay at the Edgewater is a fun place to hang your hat. Lots of rock bands have stayed there over the years giving it an interesting historical footnote.

You can also check Hotwire for the date of your Seattle overnight for a 4-star hotel in the Pike Place area. For about 120 bucks, I have been booked at the Kimpton Vintage Park, Westin, Sheraton, and Grand Hyatt hotels. The downside would be that you don't collect points on Hotwire stays, so it's better for occasional use. If you'd like to stay on the waterfront and are bit more flexible on price, an oceanfront room overlooking Elliott Bay at the Edgewater is a fun place to hang your hat. Lots of rock bands have stayed there over the years giving it an interesting historical footnote.
Yeah, this is good advice. Hotwire and Priceline are great. Saved hundreds by using them.

Ive always stayed at the holiday inn express ... but there are closer hotels.

Curious about the Best Western that someone mentioned. Is it walking distance to downtown attractions?

Thanks for the information. We have booked the Best Western Pioneer Square. They said they are eight blocks to Pikes Market and six to Amtrak. I didn't get it for $100 though. It was $149. Gad and we don't even get there until ten at night.

Thanks for the information. We have booked the Best Western Pioneer Square. They said they are eight blocks to Pikes Market and six to Amtrak. I didn't get it for $100 though. It was $149. Gad and we don't even get there until ten at night.
Yea don't you hate paying full price on late arrivals? We will be coming in to SEA in June, I have been looking at Hotwire.com as others have suggested. It appears that the longer you wait to book ,the better deal you will get. I found a 4-star Downtown Pikes Place for $99 for next monday, but could only get a 3-star for the same price in June. So I will wait to book later. The downtown Pikes Place area appears to very close to the Amtrak station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back