hotels around Atlanta Amtrak station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie225

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I know you guys know everything so I am posing this question. We will arrive in ATL on May 16 coming from NO. We are going to rent a car,gotta work out those details also,to drive to Ellijay. What hotels are close to Amtrak station?Will any of these hotels have shuttles to pick us up at Amtrak? If not will there be taxis at Amtrak Station there when we arrive at approx. 7 in the evening? Are there rental car agencies close by? I had planned for us to get off the train,take a taxi to some nice hotel and pick up the car that next day. I called one hotel-The Four Seasons and they said they would take us to the rental agency that next day if we spend the night with them.Help I need y'all?

I can't say for certain, but when I took a train to Atlanta about 10 years and rented a car from Hertz (thru Amtrak), I was told to take a cab from the station to their location. I was reimbursed for the cab fare, and the rental location was in a hotel!

Another option is to get out to the airport (by shuttle, bus, subway or cab), where you'll have many hotels and car rental agencies to chose from.

There are a ton of options for nice hotels in Atlanta, Four Seasons Midtown (as you mentioned), Ritz Downtown, Ritz Buckhead, Mandarin Oriental Buckhead, Intercontinental Buckhead, Hyatt Buckhead, Hyatt Downtown, Westin Buckhead, Westin Downtown, Omni Downtown. For a unique experience relatively close to the train station I'd recommend the Westin Downtown (55 story hotel with great views) or Omni Downtown which is connected to CNN. There is a Hertz local edition that's downtown that will pick you up from either hotel. Cabs are typically plentiful when the train arrives.

Correct - we usually rent a car from the Hertz located at the Hyatt in Buckhead (or maybe it's a Marriott?) and just cab it to/from the station.

If you ask, the Hertz will probably give you money for the cab ride, even

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys will check out these hotels. Will just take a cab from Amtrak to hotel. So Buckhead is not far from train station?
As others have posted, getting a hotel in the Buckhead area is a good choice but do not expect to get an inexpensive rate. It is fairly close to the Amtrak station. The last time I was checking possible establishments on a overnight stay there were some places that offer nearby transportation. I would rather utilize hotel shuttle services than using a cab at the station of possible. The cabbies at the station are notorious for charging excessive fares to nearby establishments. They charge you a flat rate that varies from cabbie to cabbie in lieu of a metered fare. Place take heed of this.

Hello,

Out of curiosity what do you do when, for instance, the Crescent arrives in Atlanta at 08:30 and the hotel check-in is not until the afternoon? Do some hotels offer a very early check-in? I for one, would like to get to a room, shower, and rest up before heading back out again. I am just curious because I might be in the situation next month with a trip to Atlanta.

BOS-T-Time

Happy Holidays

It depends on the hotel and just how busy they are.

A few years back, I managed to get an early checkin at a Springhill Suites in Buckhead. We arrived more or less on time into ATL, so I was there by 9 or so IIRC.

Thanks guys will check out these hotels. Will just take a cab from Amtrak to hotel. So Buckhead is not far from train station?
As others have posted, getting a hotel in the Buckhead area is a good choice but do not expect to get an inexpensive rate. It is fairly close to the Amtrak station. The last time I was checking possible establishments on a overnight stay there were some places that offer nearby transportation. I would rather utilize hotel shuttle services than using a cab at the station of possible. The cabbies at the station are notorious for charging excessive fares to nearby establishments. They charge you a flat rate that varies from cabbie to cabbie in lieu of a metered fare. Place take heed of this.
In a half dozen trips down there, I've never had a cab not use the meter.

we have taken the city bus route known as "the peach" which goes past the amtrak station all the way downtown and stayed at the "best western inn at the peachtrees". a block from the bus. the best western is nice with a great complimentary breaksfast for around $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back