Hotels by the tracks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Warbonnet

Can anyone tell me what hotel is just west of the Emeryville, Ca. Amtrak station? It's just across the tracks walking distance to the station.

Thanks

Guest_Warbonnet said:
Can anyone tell me what hotel is just west of the Emeryville, Ca. Amtrak station? It's just across the tracks walking distance to the station.
Thanks
After performing a "search" on GOOGLE, I come up with this on one of the choices after spending a few moments checking. Sounds like what your looking for.......OBS

info...... of this webpage - http://www.jhargis.com/amtrak.htm

Woodfin Suites - 5800 Shellmound Street, Emeryville, CA US 94608, 888-433-9042, (510) 601-5880, FAX (510) 601-5833. Located right across the tracks from the Amtrak Station.

I have the Jack London Inn stuck in my head but that's in Oakland right near the station at JLS. If I saw this before I went to SF for dinner I would have made a note to look at the hotel as I know exactly which one you mean. I will keep an eye out when I head back home on Sunday and report back after that.

It's the Woodfin Suites Hotel. I've been through/at EMY many times and the Woddfin could not be any closer to the station than you would want. I have only heard good things about the Woodfin, too, so you should enjoy it if you decide to stay there.

Aloha

On my trip 9/14 we arived so late I stayed at the Denny's for a late snack and breakfast. Did not like the cost of the Emeryville hotels.

I can't remember which was closer but the Woodfin was there, a second one was a Holiday Inn, don't rember the third.

Had I known how good the commuter service was I probaly woud have stayed at the Jack London Inn, was quoted a rail rate of 49.95.

I also expected to arrive at midnight and since they said I needed to allow 1.5 hours for morning trafic I wasn't willing to spend $10.00 per hour to sleep, Let alone we arrived at 4:00am. Of course the Zepher was 2 hrs. late also so the trafic would not have mattered, but you know the saying about the best plans.

Hope this helps.

Eric

I was down there yesterday. There's a Courtyard by Marriott and a Four Points by Sheraton right behind the Woodfin, and some type of Holiday Inn behind them.

GG-1 said:
Had I known how good the commuter service was I probaly woud have stayed at the Jack London Inn, was quoted a rail rate of 49.95.
Just where did you get the $49.95 quote? I've searched all over the net, and the lowest rate I could find was $83!

I've stayed at the Four Seasons. It was just fine. As has been mentioned above, there are a number right in that area when you take the bridge across the tracks. Check them all out to get the best deal.

Allen Dee said:
GG-1 said:
Had I known how good  the commuter service was I probaly woud have stayed at the Jack London Inn, was quoted a rail rate of 49.95.
Just where did you get the $49.95 quote? I've searched all over the net, and the lowest rate I could find was $83!
Aloha

Called them directly from the number on the web site when planing the trip. Never considering being affected by a Florida huricane.

Eric

Back