Hotels near Kingston

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda vague. What do you want to do in Kingston? Visit URI? Visit the Coast? The station is about 8 miles from the coastal part of the city, but there are two B&B's near the URI campus just 2 miles from the station. Is accessibility to the station important or accessibility to the city?

Bus 64 takes you to the URI campus then a transfer to bus 14 takes you the long way into the city (an hour to gain 7 miles).

See maps.google.com and ripta.com for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would want to go to Kingston? LOL

Actually one of our Moderators lives near Kingston so perhaps y'all can PM each other for info! He goes by the handle of "the_traveler"!

Actually there are no hotels convenient to KIN at all. There are a couple a few miles away, but neither is easil reached by public transit. As much as I want people to visit KIN, a better choice in this case is PVD. The station is right downtown, and within easy walking distance are many hotels. These include Marriott, Radison, Courtyard and the Biltmore. A short cab ride away is the Hilton.

PM me if I can help further!

What about any of the stops in CT? The goal is to stop somewhere in the area going and coming. We aim to spend the night and leave out for a more convenient arrival and departure in Portland. New London was another choice. The main reason for Kingston is that we're both railfans and watching a couple of Acelas blitzing Kingston would be a worthwhile stop over for us.

Boston is the natural choice but $200 a night to just sleep and leave out around lunchtime doesn't seem worth it as we've fully explored downtown and have only missed the more far flung attractions in Boston.

Google maps shows a Holiday Inn four blocks from the Amtrak station at Bridgeport, CT. Don't know whether it's safe to walk that at night.

We would be coming in on 19 to NYP, since its a Sunday that we'd be changing to the regional we're not scheduled to arrive in Boston until 9pm. We're fine with Boston at night we just aren't sure about 2am in Portland and how the transit works up there. More than likely it would be a taxi to the hotel and sleeping until lunch. We'd much rather make a stopover along the way. That way we could eat supper, sleep, look around in the morning and then head up to Portland.

Why not do PVD? There are three hotels within like a two block radius of the train station and it's a great, walkable town and affordable city.

Actually there are no hotels convenient to KIN at all. There are a couple a few miles away, but neither is easil reached by public transit. As much as I want people to visit KIN, a better choice in this case is PVD. The station is right downtown, and within easy walking distance are many hotels. These include Marriott, Radison, Courtyard and the Biltmore. A short cab ride away is the Hilton.

PM me if I can help further!
Also the Dean Hotel is a new boutique hotel that is super cute and affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back