Houma or New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because my little status doohickey says that I currently reside in New Jersey does not mean I've been there my whole life. On the contrary; I've only been here a year. I lived in Boca Raton, Florida from the time I was almost three to the time I was eighteen. I had a very large canal in my backyard. I fed gators lunch meat when I was a little kid. Idiotic, maybe, but it was sure fun.

In any case, I do indeed have some knowledge on their general behaviour. Aside from personal observation, there are tons of wildlife parks within the area that are all too keen to get people up close and personal with alligators. To me, the mention of infections would probably strike me in a similar way that someone saying to one of you that "you'd best watch out not to be hit by a train or you'll bruise your elbow" would. The elbow's most likely the least of your worries.

As for the rotten meat lure: What animal that typically lies in wait for its prey to amble by it passes up a free lunch? Rotten meat smells far stronger than fresh meat, so it carries and attracts much more effectively. It's perfectly sensible as a lure, and I'm also not sure what you were trying to do by sticking it to me with that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back