Houston Station Re-Do?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfastx

Service Attendant
A few weeks ago I noticed that they have dismantled the old train shed at the Houston Amtrak station. Anyone know what the plans are? Are they simply re-doing the train shed? I am living in Boston so I can't go check it out.

Thanks.

A few weeks ago I noticed that they have dismantled the old train shed at the Houston Amtrak station. Anyone know what the plans are? Are they simply re-doing the train shed? I am living in Boston so I can't go check it out.

Thanks.
Chances are if it is being taken down it is because it is considered near teh end of its life and it will not be replaced.

Yes, the old train shed was falling apart. I expect that George is right and that it will not be replaced. However, they are !!! FINALLY !!! repaving the parking lot!! It's only thirty or so years overdue....

Yes, the old train shed was falling apart. I expect that George is right and that it will not be replaced. However, they are !!! FINALLY !!! repaving the parking lot!! It's only thirty or so years overdue....
That's nice as the thing was full of pot holes. Sorry the hear they took down the train shed. That was historic and dated back to the original SP station. It rains torrentially here so boarding the Sunset is going to be 'fun' on those days.

I may have been confusing when I said "dismantled." The only thing gone from it was the roof, the train shed is still there. I just has no roof, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back