How busy is Business Class on NER

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer Essence

Train Attendant
Hi all,

I usually travel the Regionals from Philly. The times I travel with family, it can be quite an adventure trying to find 3-4 seats relatively close to each-other. I was thinking it might be worth it to invest in Business class if that means a less full car and better possibility of sitting near. But, If the car is full, I might be even worse off having only one car to chose from.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

In my very limited experience on the NEC, I would say that BC isn't worth the extra cost. When I was on the Palmetto from NYP, it filled up quick. I don't think you'll be better off finding seats in BC than in coach.

Yes, it was a challenge for my family to find a place to sit together when we got on in Philly last weekend. I think it took about two stops, but we eventually got to sit 2 x 2.

Hi all,

I usually travel the Regionals from Philly. The times I travel with family, it can be quite an adventure trying to find 3-4 seats relatively close to each-other. I was thinking it might be worth it to invest in Business class if that means a less full car and better possibility of sitting near. But, If the car is full, I might be even worse off having only one car to chose from.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
At Philly from either direction is when the business class is most full on weekdays. You would have the worst possibility of sitting near on a weekday. If you are traveling on the weekend then the business class car would be your best possibility of sitting near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back