How Early is breakfast served?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavesrock

Train Attendant
If I get off the Texas Eagle at 9:00 AM, will I have be able to eat breakfast? How early is it served?

Normal breakfast hours are generally 6:30 AM to either 9:30 AM or 10:00 AM. However, when trains are scheduled to make their final stop on their run early in the monring breakfast will usually start earlier than normal and be abreviated. For example on the Capitol Limited into Chicago breakfast usually starts at 6:00 AM and is over by 8:00 to 8:30 depending on just how close to on time the train is.

The same is also true of the SW Chief into LA, where I think that they actually start breakfast at like 5:30 AM, 6:00 for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the SW Chief last year and they started about 5.30 and last call was at 7 am ,arrived at LAX at 7.30

I think it is normal for the Chief to arrive early!

Trainfan

Aloha

I just looked at the Schedule for my trip on the SWC. It shows arrival into Fullerton at 6:44AM, then arrival in LA at 8:20AM. I have notes with this schedule that show we were within 5 minutes at each time until San Bernardino where we set 2 hours for the broken Switch. The Staff said the Engineer thought the switch ahead looked funny in the morning light, walked up to it and reported the defect, we waited on repairs the Schedule date is April 26, 2004.

Back