How many zones

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
Before I make the call or several calls to AGR, I thought I'd ask the experts here. What is the number of zones for a trip from Columbus, Wisconsin to Burlington, Iowa using the EB, CS, and CZ? I think it is a two zone trip.

Unfortunately the days of the Loophole Trips are Long Gone, so it's a 3 Zone Trip!! :(

(Central/Western/Central) The Boundry Cities are Wolf Point, Montana and Denver, hence a 3 Zone Trip!

AGR has really Tighthened Up on Cross Zone Triips and Multi-Train Trips! :angry:

If you you get the answer of 3 zones, you could take the 20 hour trip from CBS to WPT in coach ($118 or less). and then start your 2 zone trip on your points.

Oh, you could certainly ride in coach to Wolf Point and start the AGR trip from there, and then it almost certainly would be a 2-zone trip. My guess of the spread for the trip starting in Columbus is that there is a 55% chance the agent will say it's a 3-zone trip, a 40% chance that it's a 2-zone trip, and a 5% chance that the agent either will claim that it can't be booked, or that it's a one-zone trip.

Back