How to book two roomettes across from each other

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_rms492_*

Hello, was wondering if its okay to call an agent, and see if they can book two roomettes one right across from another?

Basically, I would need to make two separate reservations, and ask them to specify roomettes directly across.

Is this a problem, and can it be easily done if I book far in advance?

Thanks

We did this for our upcoming trip. The agent was very helpful. You might have a problem is if the sleepers are getting booked up and you have to take what is left.

Hello, was wondering if its okay to call an agent, and see if they can book two roomettes one right across from another?
Basically, I would need to make two separate reservations, and ask them to specify roomettes directly across.

Thanks
You don't have to make separate reservations I wouldn't think (unless you are trying to spread out AGR points). Put two rooms on the same reservation.

But yes, do call an agent and he/she should be able to place you across the hall from each other. That is quite OK.

Thanks
You don't have to make separate reservations I wouldn't think (unless you are trying to spread out AGR points). Put two rooms on the same reservation.

But yes, do call an agent and he/she should be able to place you across the hall from each other. That is quite OK.
You don't even need to separate them for that - first named person gets the accom charges for the first room, second named person gets the accom charges for the second.

We were not in same town so this is what worked for us. I called and booked then they called right after that and ask about being placed near us. They ask if being right across was good. So each of us were charged for the tickets on our own card.

You can either make 2 room reservations online and then call an agent if they happen not to be across the hall, or you can just first call an agent. However, keep in mind that the rooms (example 3 & 4) may be in different buckets! Many agents know how to change the buckets, but some do not or don't want to bother with the extra work! If you get the 2nd type of agent, remember the saying - "Hang up and call back because 10 agents may give you 10 different answers!" ;)

"""If you get the 2nd type of agent, remember the saying - "Hang up and call back because 10 agents may give you 10 different answers!""""

This is also true of any customer service person, sales rep, or most any other person giving out information. 10 people 10 different answers. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back