Howdy fellas! New addition to the consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Texan Eagle

Howdy fellas!

Joined the forum a few minutes back. For some reason it's not allowing me to sign in with my username yet (I guess the new member check system also runs late in true long distance Amtrak trains fashion), so posting this as a guest.

I am an Amtrak lover (and a rail fan on a broader scale). I haven't had much of Amtrak travel so far- only two trips on NE Regional between Philly and DC but hoping to change that over time. Of course I have done plenty of train travel in cities across US if one includes the commuter trains, light rails and subways- The T in Boston, Subway and LIRR in New York, NJ Transit, SEPTA, MARC, Metro in DC, CATS in Charlotte, MARTA in Atlanta, Metrolink in Los Angeles area and now DART and TRE in Dallas. Moved to US just over two years back from India and back there I have several thousand miles of train travel under my belt (have plenty of pictures and videos from there, let me know if anyone is interested) Sadly Indian Railways doesn't have a frequent traveller program so can't tell you how many miles I have accumulated!.

I am currently living in Dallas, TX. Moved here just a month back after graduating from Virginia Tech with a Masters degree (Any Hokies out here? I saw at least one guy's signature having a VT logo), so pretty new to the area but if there are any Amtrak fans or rain fans in general in the DFW metro area meeting anytime for trips, trainspotting, rail photography, anything that involves trains, do give me a shout out and I'll join in!

Welcome Texan Eagle,

We have members from VT and an active member from Indian heritage. You will see them soon.

We are a good bunch of folks who enjoy passenger rail travel and all the facts that go along with it.

We are having our annual Gathering, where approximately 50 members meet and ride trains in the area.

This year, we will meet in Seattle from Oct 7, 8 & 9. There will be more information shortly on the

weekend agenda.

I hope you will enjoy being a part of our group.

..pretty new to the area but if there are any Amtrak fans or rain fans in general in the DFW metro area..
Umm.. I meant Rail fans, although considering the temperatures Dallas is seeing over the past month I guess there'd be enough rain fans as well :p

Texan,

My apologies, but your email address set off alarm bells with its .in extension as we get many spammers from India, and therefore it was deleted. Which is why you cannot login to the forum as a member.

I have to please ask that you sign up again, as I cannot restore that original account at this time. And I promise not to delete it this time.

Again my apologies! Sorry!

Alan

I've approved your account this time Texan. :)

Again, my apologies! Sometimes things come down to a guess as we work to keep out the spammers and I guessed wrong this time. I'm truly sorry!

I've approved your account this time Texan. :)

Again, my apologies! Sometimes things come down to a guess as we work to keep out the spammers and I guessed wrong this time. I'm truly sorry!
Hey not a problem, I understand your concerns about keeping the forum spam-free
smile.gif

Ok, so this time, posting using my own username, once again, howdy fellas!

I am from the DFW area. Welcome to the forum! A good points run is to go from DAL to FTW and back. Or Amtrak one way and take the TRE back, which is what I do often.

You'll probably find me once or twice a week at Dallas Union Station doing a little volunteer work. I usually help out the passengers and also help people with DART/TRE information. I hope you find the site informative.

I am from the DFW area. Welcome to the forum! A good points run is to go from DAL to FTW and back. Or Amtrak one way and take the TRE back, which is what I do often.

You'll probably find me once or twice a week at Dallas Union Station doing a little volunteer work. I usually help out the passengers and also help people with DART/TRE information. I hope you find the site informative.
Hello.. good to know you
smile.gif

I went to Dallas union Station a couple of times on Saturdays (I work 8 to 5 M-F and TRE doesn't run on Sun, so only Sat possible) last month hoping to take the TE to FTW and TRE back to DAL but as luck would have it, TE was running horribly late both days so decided not to wait for it. One of those days I did take TRE upto DFW station and back but yes, TE+TRE roundtrip is still on cards, mainly because both trains use different routes.

If you are heading out to Union Station on a Saturday, let me know, I might come over too.

Welcome aboard!

My cats type on the computer!
laugh.gif
And they're not from Charlotte - or have they been there (that I know of)!
mosking.gif

Maybe those are those strange charges I see on my credit card - don't ever trust a cat!
tongue.gif

I hope you have signed up for AGR.
Yes, I realized one can't trust CATS, especially in Charlotte
tongue.gif

No, I have not signed up for AGR yet, but will do it soon, definitely before taking up my first Amtrak LD trip.

tongue.gif

No, I have not signed up for AGR yet, but will do it soon, definitely before taking up my first Amtrak LD trip.
The reference to "my cats typing" is an inside joke on the Sunday night chats. Join in the fun!

Join AGR before your LD trip. Your trips between DAL and FTW on the TE will earn 100 AGR points each way!
cool.gif
Send me a PM (Private Message) with your email address, and I'll refer you!

tongue.gif

The reference to "my cats typing" is an inside joke on the Sunday night chats. Join in the fun!

Join AGR before your LD trip. Your trips between DAL and FTW on the TE will earn 100 AGR points each way!
cool.gif
Send me a PM (Private Message) with your email address, and I'll refer you!
Aah that's a good point you made me realize- the DAL-FTW trip seems to be one of the most "rewarding" in terms of points earned per dollar spent on Amtrak ticket
smile.gif

I'm sending you a PM with my email address.

Regarding the referral, I read on Amtrak site that if I enrol for AGR now and travel within the first 90 days (which I will), I get 500 bonus points. Also read on this forum that when someone refers me and I enrol and travel within 90 days, both of us get 500 bonus points. Now, are both these offers independent or either which way I do it I only get 500 bonus points ONCE only?

You only get the 500 points once.

You always get a 500 points sign up bonus, but when you're referred, you receive 500 AGR points and the referrer also gets 500 points! Last year there was a promotion for referrals where you got 1,500 points
smile.gif
(not 500) and the referrer got 500 points. (But alas, that promo is gone!
sad.gif
)

Back