Howdy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNews

Train Attendant
Just wanted to say "hello," as a brand new member of this Forum. I have taken trains since I was a kid, but mostly in the NE Corridor, specifically the New Haven line of Metro North, NYC subways, PATH trains, and the Erie-Lackawanna Railroad (which, in college, we called the "Creepy Marijuana," LOL). My wife was born and raised in the same area of the NE, and used much of the tri-state area's wonderful mass transit systems. Now we live in Florida, where mass transit is as rare as it is in California, being mainly the monorail at Disney World. We had a near-shovel-ready high speed rail project, but our Red State governor recently rejected the billions in federal funding, so scratch that.

I gleaned a lot of info from this Forum before taking my first-ever overnight trips along the Silver Service line last September (Tampa-D.C., then NYC-Tampa). My wife and I just repeated that roundtrip last month, to/from Tampa-Philly. I am going to post a combined trip report, as well as our spin on the "what to bring" discussion. We absolutely love travelling by Amtrak, which is such a fun adventure: so civilized compared to plane travel, and so relaxing compared to a long car trip.

Cheers,

--Eugene

Welcome aboard!
hi.gif

Sounds like you haven't been to California in a long time or maybe you just never explored their mass transit options. In any case welcome to the forum and good luck getting something going in flip-flopping Florida. Looking forward to your trip report.

:hi: Welcome fellow Floridian. I live in Orlando and am counting the days until we get commuter rail here.

Penny

Great to have you join this forum. Wish we had "anything" in the form of trains here in Pensacola. The wife and i are looking forward to a trip in December. Greyhound to New Orleans, Amtrak to Chicago (City of New Orleans) then on to Seattle (Empire Builder), then return. Welcome to the Forum.

Just wanted to say "hello," as a brand new member of this Forum. I have taken trains since I was a kid, but mostly in the NE Corridor, specifically the New Haven line of Metro North, NYC subways, PATH trains, and the Erie-Lackawanna Railroad (which, in college, we called the "Creepy Marijuana," LOL). My wife was born and raised in the same area of the NE, and used much of the tri-state area's wonderful mass transit systems. Now we live in Florida, where mass transit is as rare as it is in California, being mainly the monorail at Disney World. We had a near-shovel-ready high speed rail project, but our Red State governor recently rejected the billions in federal funding, so scratch that.

I gleaned a lot of info from this Forum before taking my first-ever overnight trips along the Silver Service line last September (Tampa-D.C., then NYC-Tampa). My wife and I just repeated that roundtrip last month, to/from Tampa-Philly. I am going to post a combined trip report, as well as our spin on the "what to bring" discussion. We absolutely love travelling by Amtrak, which is such a fun adventure: so civilized compared to plane travel, and so relaxing compared to a long car trip.

Cheers,

--Eugene
:hi: Welcome as a New Member to the Best Forum on the net! Nice trips, I look forward to your reports also!

If you arent yet amember of AGR Id be glad to send you a referral, just PM me with your e-mail address and well get you and your wife signed up! Also if you are interested the AGR MC from Chase is a great way to get Free Travel and other stuff! :cool:

Back