I can apply to Amtrak using Google Chrome?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brystar41

Train Attendant
This is very werid i tried google Chrome recently for Amtrak SAP site for employment and it worked, i am amazed how did it worked its beyond me, while the site says that google chrome and safari is not supported at this time????

I also have a Linkedin profile i updated it recently even with a profile picture, so people can get to know me and i can get accepted into Amtrak.

Has anybody tried using google chrome for Amtrak and it worked? and if so does Amtrak need to update their message?

If anybody wants a link to my Linkedin profile just ask me and i can provide it, if thats ok with all of you.

Strange. The last time I checked the job postings (a few months ago), I had to use IE. It wouldn't work in Chrome.

If they've updated it, that's very good news. I can't stand IE, and I tend to shy away from websites that don't support anything else.

This is very werid i tried google Chrome recently for Amtrak SAP site for employment and it worked, i am amazed how did it worked its beyond me, while the site says that google chrome and safari is not supported at this time????
SAP is a huge software company that patches issues on their own schedule. If Amtrak IT applied such a patch to the front end of their HRMS then it's possible they do not yet realize the patch has resolved issues with Chrome. It's also possible they have not yet had a chance to verify the result to their satisfaction. Or maybe they simply haven't gotten around to updating the warning yet. With a system as large and complicated as most of SAP's enterprise products I would probably use a recommended browser if I wanted to be certain my request didn't end up stuck in some random workflow process due to an invalid entry somewhere. If your request is holding up other tasks the IT folks may be inclined to just junk it rather than massaging whatever may be wrong with it. That being said, if it works with Chrome it probably also works with Safari since they're both based on the Webkit engine last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back