I have to change my name

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfanmom

Train Attendant
Well, thanks to Amtrak, I am going to have to change my name from TrainFanMom (for my son, the train fan) to just TrainFan ;-) We unfortunately had to cancel a vacation that we had planned for the end of summer so I have replaced it with another trip on the Coast Starlight :lol: We had such a good time on our one-way trip last month that we booked round trip from LAX to San Jose this time.

I was amazed to see that we got the lowest bucket prices on all the rooms also, considering that we made the reservations so close to the travel dates. We booked two upper-level roomettes for the first leg of the trip, across the hall from each other. That way if they need downtime, I can put both kids in one with a movie playing while my Mom and I enjoy the view from the other (and I can still keep an eye on them). Then on the trip home, we booked the family room again, which was even cheaper than two roomettes for that travel day.

Oh, I can see how this can easily become an addiction, LOL.

Well, thanks to Amtrak, I am going to have to change my name from TrainFanMom (for my son, the train fan) to just TrainFan ;-) We unfortunately had to cancel a vacation that we had planned for the end of summer so I have replaced it with another trip on the Coast Starlight :lol: We had such a good time on our one-way trip last month that we booked round trip from LAX to San Jose this time.
I was amazed to see that we got the lowest bucket prices on all the rooms also, considering that we made the reservations so close to the travel dates. We booked two upper-level roomettes for the first leg of the trip, across the hall from each other. That way if they need downtime, I can put both kids in one with a movie playing while my Mom and I enjoy the view from the other (and I can still keep an eye on them). Then on the trip home, we booked the family room again, which was even cheaper than two roomettes for that travel day.

Oh, I can see how this can easily become an addiction, LOL.
You have my sympathies! :lol: :lol: Seems you have been bitten by the 'train bug'! :) From what I have seen here, the only remedy is the regular riding on trains-any kind it seems to be for most!!! :lol: :lol: At least it's not a harmful 'addiction'!! Enjoy your next trip! Sounds like another great idea. Enjoy the PPC! Really enjoyed it ourselves.....We plan on going from Salt Lake City to Glenwood Springs, Co on the California Zephyr soon. :cool: A good soak is in order! :cool:

The only known cure is to ride another train ... and another ... and another ... and ...! :lol: Eventually, it may cure you! (Of course, the cure take 350 years to become effective! :D So there's still hope for me ... NOT! :p )

The only known cure is to ride another train ... and another ... and another ... and ...! :lol: Eventually, it may cure you! (Of course, the cure take 350 years to become effective! :D So there's still hope for me ... NOT! :p )
I'D SWEAR TRAVELER THAT AMTRAK'S GONNA NAME A SLEEPER CAR AFTER YOU SOME DAY IF NOT A WHOLE TRAIN!!! :lol: :lol: :huh: :lol:

I'D SWEAR TRAVELER THAT AMTRAK'S GONNA NAME A SLEEPER CAR AFTER YOU SOME DAY IF NOT A WHOLE TRAIN!!! :lol: :lol: :huh: :lol:
Northern Pacific already named the lounge car on its North Coast Limited after him: "Traveler's Rest" I particularly like how every man is wearing a suit and tie in that picture.

ROFL - yeah, I think I am a lost cause now. Every time I get off the train I will planning the next trip. The kids were beyond excited when I told them we were going to take the trip again (round-trip this time). I just have to hope that the CS on-time performance works in our favor on our way home. We didn't worry about that last time since we started at LAX, but this time we will be catching the CS on day two so I hope it isn't running late into San Jose.

ROFL - yeah, I think I am a lost cause now. Every time I get off the train I will planning the next trip. The kids were beyond excited when I told them we were going to take the trip again (round-trip this time). I just have to hope that the CS on-time performance works in our favor on our way home. We didn't worry about that last time since we started at LAX, but this time we will be catching the CS on day two so I hope it isn't running late into San Jose.
Don't get too worried- just do what I did-you can monitor on time performance at amtrakdelays.com, amtrak.com (main page, scroll down) or here ! Enjoy the ride, don't sweat the small stuff. :)

Don't get too worried- just do what I did-you can monitor on time performance at amtrakdelays.com, amtrak.com (main page, scroll down) or here ! Enjoy the ride, don't sweat the small stuff. :)

Ohhh, maybe I shouldn't have looked at that ;) I wonder what happened with the 11 train yesterday...

9:00 pm

11-AUG-09 3:44 am

11-AUG-09 Arrived: 6 hours and 44 minutes late.

Ohhh, maybe I shouldn't have looked at that ;) I wonder what happened with the 11 train yesterday...

I was gonna reply til I realized the date! Are ya home yet? LOL :lol:

RF

I was gonna reply til I realized the date! Are ya home yet? LOL :lol:

RF

LOL - luckily I wasn't on that train. I was just playing around with the history to see the on-time performance from San Jose to LAX when I came across that. But I guess my question was just answered in the other post....looks like the #11 hit a tomato truck yesterday. Yikes, LOL.

I just was looking at the history, showing it stopped in San Luis Obispo for 6 hours, 55 mins. Must have been a lot of tomatoes.....looked at the post, glad everyone's ok. Nice of the passengers to help collect the tomatoes. The green ones are good fried! Yum! Or pickled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back