"I'll take the Presidential Suite please"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder jis likes to ride the Trains in India when he returns for visits!

Wonder if his connection @ India Rail comps him when he rides this train?

VIA is trying this with "Premium" Service on the Canadian, but nice as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, what exactly is this attempting to show?

presidential-suite1.jpg

A post-derailment view?

If you ever watch the travel show "Globe Trekker" they featured this train - fantastic it was! The traveler was in the suite and it had a starlight LED ceiling, liveried staff, red carpet, full nine meters....

Very nice, indeed. But if one wants to, one can arrange to charter some of the AAPRCO cars that are even nicer, and attached to an Amtrak or VIA train....

But not as easy to arrange as is booking one of these regularly scheduled cars....

Very nice, indeed. But if one wants to, one can arrange to charter some of the AAPRCO cars that are even nicer, and attached to an Amtrak or VIA train....

But not as easy to arrange as is booking one of these regularly scheduled cars....
I've heard that VIA no longer accepts Private cars.

Too bad about VIA......wonder if the Canadian freight carrier's (CN or CP) would? If so would probably be much more costly to arrange....

Yes, but do they come with the extensive staff that the Indian trains do?

No wonder jis likes to ride the Trains in India when he returns for visits!

Wonder if his connection @ India Rail comps him when he rides this train?
I generally do not like to ride these exceedingly overpriced tourist trains, so no, I don't even try to ride them ever.
Besides it is more fun to tag along in a railway staff saloon for a day or two if one must take advantage of ones railway connections anyway! That I have done a few times and is really quite fun.

But generally I just ride the regular trains using a regular ticket obtained online through IRCTC. Now that requires jumping through a different set of hoops, but that is a story for another time.

Back