I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalistPotato

Lead Service Attendant
I'm riding on the northbound Texas Eagle on June 17th between Austin and Fort Worth. I'll be getting a ride back with my dad.

BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!! This would be my first real ride on Amtrak since I was like 4 when my school took my class on a ride between Austin and Taylor.

Sometime though, I'll probably ride up to Oklahoma City or Chicago, as I have friends living there. Or they can come down to Austin.
wink.gif

But that's not all! One week later, I'll be riding up with my church youth group for a retreat in a 15 passenger van. It's a ten hour drive. I'll have to tell them of my experiences on the Texas Eagle, particularly the leg room, and compare it to the 15 passenger van.

It's funny because the last time I rode up in one of those things to the same event last year, there was no legroom, cause it was packed. I actually had more legroom while flying than during that experience!
ohmy.gif

Thankfully though we'll have more room this time.
biggrin.gif

(I hope this isn't off-topic...)

It sounds like a fun trip. Your excitment is obvious. Have a great time and don't forget to write a trip report when you return.

Your retreat, or I should say the ten hour drive go get there, sounds like a real penance.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! (And the retreat too!
mosking.gif
)

Just be sure that you join (if you haven't done so yet) AGR before your trip and apply that number to your reservation. If you haven't yet joined, send me a PM (Private Message) with your email address and I'll be glad to refer you.

Have fun!
smile.gif

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! (And the retreat too! :giggle: )

Just be sure that you join (if you haven't done so yet) AGR before your trip and apply that number to your reservation. If you haven't yet joined, send me a PM (Private Message) with your email address and I'll be glad to refer you.

Have fun!
smile.gif
Thanks! Will do that! Now I can go on short day trips on the Texas Eagle and it won't be pointless! :giggle:

You'll be riding on my section of track. I've riding the TE several times round trip between Temple and Cleburne and twice from Austin to Cleburne. One time I was able to make a round trip from Temple to Fort Worth because of a temporary schedule change.

Be sure to get a good look at the Temple Amtrak station, it's real nice. The city owns 8.5 acres of land around it and local people donated money for a park and a playground. Another highlight is crossing the Brazos river. It's quite wide there because of a lake a few miles downstream. Of course with the drought there might not be much water.

Going into the Fort Worth station you can see the Heartland Flyer waiting for it's afternoon departure and the other TE should be there getting ready to leave.

If I didn't have to work I might of joined you in Temple.

If you're like me you'll be endlessly chasing this pre-departure high for the rest of your days. I was getting a little excited to be riding the Sunset Limited again over the next couple days, but my job ended up getting in the way and now I'm having to fly both ways on a last minute plane ticket. :angry:

On the plus side I now have enough points to bust out a major rail journey if and when I can ever get enough time off to actually complete it. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back