I'm so spoiled now...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyJourneys

Train Attendant
Just returned from a trip that required very long flights. The whole time I just kept thinking... "I wish I was on a train instead!" Just one overnight in a sleeper has ruined me for other forms of transportation. ;)

Just returned from a trip that required very long flights. The whole time I just kept thinking... "I wish I was on a train instead!" Just one overnight in a sleeper has ruined me for other forms of transportation. ;)
Years ago I had reason to do several business trips from Troy to Ann Arbor Michigan. The CFO could never understand why I preferred the train. Either way I'd have to get up about the same time (wake up on the train to get off, or leave the house to catch the plane). One way was much more civilized and I enjoyed the dinner every time. And it was just as cheap.

Years ago I had reason to do several business trips from Troy to Ann Arbor Michigan. The CFO could never understand why I preferred the train. Either way I'd have to get up about the same time (wake up on the train to get off, or leave the house to catch the plane). One way was much more civilized and I enjoyed the dinner every time. And it was just as cheap.
Troy, MI to Ann Arbor, MI? Why would anyone fly? It's only 50 miles.

Did I read that incorrectly or something?

Did I read that incorrectly or something?
Yes you did. Troy NY.

That makes more sense. :) I was about to Google "cities named Troy". It's such a habit to assume Troy, MI when I hear that name.

you will be surprised about the amount of A-holes who are willing to pay $300 to fly from Chicago ORD to Champaign CMI and burn sh*t ton of CO2 in the process. it is simply batphuck insane.
Being that said, when our fellow chinamen are getting rip off by a $4000 taxi trip, Amtrak need to keep up with the needs of the international clientele.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2013-08-28/ui-student-china-scammed-out-thousands-ohare.html

Last edited by a moderator:
One way was much more civilized
There you go. People at work are surprised when I use that word. No cattle, no crowding. Civilized.

As Lord Raglan said, "Culture (civilization) is roughly anything we do and the monkeys don't."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back