Imperative Empire Builder Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironiclly, his behaviour can also be traced back to the Viet Nam conflict too!
Well, I was -6 when it started and 11 when it finished. Please explain how that works.

Is it that you are of a generation that is too in awe and bewilderment of those in power over you to disagree with their decisions, no matter how crass and ill judged they turn out to be?

Vietnam war=stupid, Iraq war=stupid. It doesn't hurt to say that out loud and it doesn't mean you are insulting anyone's country. Try it. Sometimes its quite liberating.

Ironiclly, his behaviour can also be traced back to the Viet Nam conflict too!
Well, I was -6 when it started and 11 when it finished. Please explain how that works.

Is it that you are of a generation that is too in awe and bewilderment of those in power over you to disagree with their decisions, no matter how crass and ill judged they turn out to be?

Vietnam war=stupid, Iraq war=stupid. It doesn't hurt to say that out loud and it doesn't mean you are insulting anyone's country. Try it. Sometimes its quite liberating.
Neil, just drop it! You're not going to understand if I wrote you a book about, it let alone a brief explaination, and that's because I don't believe that you even really care to understand it.

If you did care you would have understood what I said in my original post and followed my researching advice about what you didn't comprehend instead of initiating a contraversial political issue of the incidentally mentioned wars where the issues didn't exist; the wars were not even the objective of my posts! The only thing that my post engaged in was a basic social commentary (not politicing) of anothers comment about the "sad state of affairs in the US today." If you, or anyone else for that matter don't realize that or can't see it, then look up both "politics" and "social studies" in the dictionary and learn exactly what those terms actually mean and not what's frequently preceved!

So Neil, don't waste your time and mine responding to me again on this subject because I'm tired of your little game and won't respond to you again on it! Il fini!

Er, Socio-Political ramifications of the Vietnam War aside, two quick points:

- If I had been stuck in a freight yard for eight hours, I'd like to think I'd keep my composure . . . but at the same time I couldn't accuse someone, young or old, of whining about "nothing" in that situation.

- Why was anyone not getting the seat they paid for, no more no less? Every long distance train crew I've encountered, except when extremely uncrowded, has assigned seats before boarding. Have they stopped doing this? I wouldn't have made such a big deal about sitting on the upper or lower level, but it should have been up to the train crew to figure out where everyone was supposed to sit, not a young, old, sinner or saint passenger.

JPS

I know little of the Builder, does it take the old water level route of 20th Century limited?
The Empire Builder is a west coast train between Chicago and Portland/Seattle.
The 20th Century Limited's route is primarily the route of today's Lake Shore Limited between CHI and NYP. (Although the 20th Century ran to Grand Central Terminal. And also to downtown Albany's Union Station, not to ALB which is actually across the Hudson River in Rensselaer. And IIRC Buffalo's Central Terminal, which is no longer. And didn't it depart from LaSalle Station in Chicago?)

- Why was anyone not getting the seat they paid for, no more no less? Every long distance train crew I've encountered, except when extremely uncrowded, has assigned seats before boarding. Have they stopped doing this? I wouldn't have made such a big deal about sitting on the upper or lower level, but it should have been up to the train crew to figure out where everyone was supposed to sit, not a young, old, sinner or saint passenger.
Actually in the case of upper vs. lower level, that is the one thing actually guaranteed by your ticket and reservation. The crew can, if available, accomodate a request to change levels; but they otherwise have nothing to do with assigning what level you sit on. That is guaranteed at the time of the reservation.

So someone, be it the family, be it some of the seniors, or be it anyone else on that lower level was in the wrong place.

I know little of the Builder, does it take the old water level route of 20th Century limited?
The Empire Builder is a west coast train between Chicago and Portland/Seattle.
The 20th Century Limited's route is primarily the route of today's Lake Shore Limited between CHI and NYP. (Although the 20th Century ran to Grand Central Terminal. And also to downtown Albany's Union Station, not to ALB which is actually across the Hudson River in Rensselaer. And IIRC Buffalo's Central Terminal, which is no longer. And didn't it depart from LaSalle Station in Chicago?)

Ugh I don't how I confused those trains, talk about a brain fart!

Back