Introductions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all - new member from the UK. :)

Have just joined really to get some advice/comments are using the train rather than the plane. Possibly looking at flying to New York in June and taking in Chicago & Boston, possibly Washington too (ideally like to do as much as I can in 2 weeks!). Have seen the route 448 Lake Shore Limited and just wondering whether that is a worthwhile trip to see some scenery or whether I just fly and get to each destination as quick as I can! Anyway should be posting this detail elsewhere so I'll shut up now! ;)

Welcome! :)

First off, you can't take Amtrak to get across the pond! (I know because I've tried! :lol: ) However, you can take Amtrak and be near the original London Bridge! (In Lake Havasu City, AZ! :p )

If you fly into New York, I would take the train down to Washington. Between cabs to and from the airport and the length of time to check in and for Security, the train is as fast - if not faster! And you may want to consider taking the train from Washington to Chicago. You leave in the afternoon and arrive the following morning, saving you a night's hotel expense! ;)

Welcome! :)
First off, you can't take Amtrak to get across the pond! (I know because I've tried! :lol: ) However, you can take Amtrak and be near the original London Bridge! (In Lake Havasu City, AZ! :p )

If you fly into New York, I would take the train down to Washington. Between cabs to and from the airport and the length of time to check in and for Security, the train is as fast - if not faster! And you may want to consider taking the train from Washington to Chicago. You leave in the afternoon and arrive the following morning, saving you a night's hotel expense! ;)
Great advice on NYP-CHI..

Back