Is the lounge in CHI open 24 hours (and safe?)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ORD Hilton has some very comfortable chairs in its lobby. I once sat there and used their wifi during a layover between my arriving flight, and then the CTA to catch Amtrak.It was only for a few hours, and no one bothered me, but I would imagine if you fell asleep, they might ask you to leave.....
I'm surprised they let you stay in the lobby. A hotel's business is selling rooms, after all.
I agree. But I stayed awake, using my netbook.

I've stayed airside at Denver, from midnight to six a.m. when the gates opened. Nobody harassed me. I just listened to my iPod and read a book. It was quiet, save for some people vacuuming and whatnot. I could have slept if I'd chose. It was actually quite peaceful, and it was fun to watch the airport "come alive" as employees showed up, passengers showed up, etc.

Other than having to put up with the sound of vaccuums and ceaseless PA announcements, there's really nothing remarkable about remaining airside overnight at a major airport (been there, done that).
I tried it exactly one time, partly just to see what would happen. I have no idea how anyone can sleep through all those endless security announcements. I'd rather be blown to bits by some moronic mujahedin or sent back to a warring Krakozhia than listen to that crap all night long. Let's just admit that in general airports suck for anything other than reaching your next flight. Many of them can't even seem to get that part right. Yes there are some amazing airports where you could probably sleep for hours or days on end without interruption. Unfortunately those are the rare exceptions and not one of them is located within a thousand miles of our humble little security state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65EujQmABAE

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back