Itinerary Change While Enroute

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXEagle

Service Attendant
I will be using a 2-zone AGR reward to travel from Chicago to Winter Haven, Florida in June. I'll be taking the Capitol Limited to Washington and then connect to the Silver Meteor.

The only legal connection Arrow will allow is this connection from the Capitol Limited to the Silver Meteor. Most days, however, the CL does make it to WAS in time to catch the Silver Star (which I would prefer).

If I made it to WAS in time to catch the Silver Star, and there is a roomette available, would an agent be able to change my AGR reward reservation and put me on the earlier train?

Thanks in advance if anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing!

i believe you would have to call agr to make the change. i don't think they could do it at the station. i do know, at least in my own experience, that once you have begun a multi-connection section of a trip (that is, after your ticket is scanned or lifted) you cannot make changes

Thanks for the information! I wasn't sure if they could make a change once the trip had begun, but I thought they probably wouldn't.

Changes can always be made to reservations, even after the trip has begun, as long as you don't have a fare that restricts changes.

That said, since the Star is not considered a legal connection, I rather doubt that an AGR agent could make the change for you even if you are indeed standing in the station at WAS and with time to make the connection.

I'm not sure, but it may be possible for a regular agent to change things for you, assuming that there is space available. I can't promise, but you can ask.

Thanks, Alan. It's not that it's not fun to have 7 hours to wander Washington, DC. I've just done that several times, but I've never been able to ride the Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back