It's an ill wind...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheer Luck Holmes

Train Attendant
Up untill a week ago, I was expecting to fly to America today, and have my "fix" of Amtrak travel for the summer.

Having booked as cheaply as possible about 2 months ago, I had a non refundable ticket. Last week my shop manager resigned, so my trip went out the door with her...and I was going to loose my fare.

Because of the airport congestion today, 11 august, those nice people at the airline say I can now have a refund!

(OK it has taken global air travel disruption to get my $550 back, but at least I am happy!)

Now..who wants a job as a shop manager....?

:ph34r:

Sheer Luck.

I guess this just proves that there's always a bright side to everything. Yes, I'm sure that most of the people who did travel yesterday, or need to travel in the coming days, might not agree with that. But it did work out well for you.

Thankfully the best news seems to be that the police stopped this plot before anyone was hurt or killed. :)

Thankfully the best news seems to be that the police stopped this plot before anyone was hurt or killed. :)
Especially considering that my relatives were scheduled to fly from London to the US on Thursday. They made it, albeit several hours late (and they had to overnight in Newark before continuing on).

The Amtrak-related content is that I took the Wolverine from Chicago to Detroit to meet up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back