Julie Gets Press Coverage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
I saw tonight on CBS Evening News, they did a report on automated customer service systems. The first one they discussed was Julie for Amtrak saying she had a 90% custemer satisfaction record and said it was one of the best systems around.

I always feel like I know Julie even though I don't like to talk to her. I usually need a real person to answer my question.

Julie and I have been dating. I met her early in 2006, she's the one who "talked" me into using Amtrak. The only annoying thing is when I have to say "one" so she will speak to me in English on our dates! :lol:

I will admit, I have used "Julie" alot. (get your minds out of the gutter people) My girlfriend and I recently went through my cell phone bill and she asked, "what is 800-872-7245?" And I told her "Amtrak". I call it to see the train status if I feel like seeing the Zephyr that day/night. It is an easy system to use as well as the website. :rolleyes:

I agree that dealing with Julie is usually quite pleasant. though sometimes she gets a little mixed up.

Problem is when she starts that all too often familiar spiel ..."train 20 was originally expected in Atlanta at 7.40 p.m but is now..................". Now THAT is the problem,i.e., the message, not the messenger.

If you call Greyhound you get "Gracie". I like Julie much better than I like Gracie and talk to her a trillion times more often. I do think Amtrak was first with Julie before Greyhound got into the act.

I also agree that Julie is quite a Gal. I was born and raised in Texas so you might say that I speakTexan instead of English :D and Julie has no problem understanding what I say.

Many voice recognition systems have no clue what I say. I went through this yesterday with AOL.

Gertrude( or what ever her name is) kept saying, " I think you said Blah-Blah- Blah, Is that correct?"

Close Gertrude, but no cigar.........

I also agree that Julie is quite a Gal. I was born and raised in Texas so you might say that I speakTexan instead of English :D and Julie has no problem understanding what I say.
That's nothing. Born in England and I speak English (not American-English). Julie and I have had a few contretemps...

"Which station are you travelling from?"

"Plattsburgh, New York."

"I think you said Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Is that correct?"

(repeat as above with different stations for five minutes until I finally press zero...)

*j* :blink:

That's nothing. Born in England and I speak English (not American-English). Julie and I have had a few contretemps...

"Which station are you travelling from?"

"Plattsburgh, New York."

"I think you said Mount Pleasant, Iowa. Is that correct?"

(repeat as above with different stations for five minutes until I finally press zero...)

*j* :blink:
Hey - if Hugh Laurie can speak American English for his TV show, maybe you should give it a try, too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back