Just back from 1st LD Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

:D I just got back from our family's first LD train trip from Toledo to Washington, DC on the Capitol Limited and loved the trip. On the way we stayed in the coach section with a 4, 7, and 10 year old. They can't wait to go again and slept most of the way. On the way back, after only 10 to 20 minutes on the train, we took off the bumper of a car that was crossing thru the gates in Rockville, MD. Our delay was about a hour and a half for the reports to be filed. Once we got started again, I found the conductor and inquired about available sleeping cars. BEST MOVE! There was a deluxe sleeper available and our whole family slept well on the way back. I won't quote the price, but I will say it was a fraction of the price I would have paid up front.

I am ready to go again and now I can also say...

I LOVE TRAINS!

:D :D :D :D

Jay said:
:D I just got back from our family's first LD train trip from Toledo to Washington, DC on the Capitol Limited and loved the trip. On the way we stayed in the coach section with a 4, 7, and 10 year old. They can't wait to go again and slept most of the way. On the way back, after only 10 to 20 minutes on the train, we took off the bumper of a car that was crossing thru the gates in Rockville, MD. Our delay was about a hour and a half for the reports to be filed. Once we got started again, I found the conductor and inquired about available sleeping cars. BEST MOVE! There was a deluxe sleeper available and our whole family slept well on the way back. I won't quote the price, but I will say it was a fraction of the price I would have paid up front.
I am ready to go again and now I can also say...

I LOVE TRAINS!

:D :D :D :D
I am glad you enjoyed your trip.I just wish people would not try to beat us at grade crossings. :eek:

Jay,

I'm glad that you and your family had a great trip, despite the grade crossing incident. I've no doubt that upgrading was well worth both the extra cost and the effort to ask about an on-board upgrade.

What with beds and free meals, along with some privacy. I'm at a loss however as to how you managed to get 5 people into the 2 beds in the deluxe room, but more power to you. :p Or did you just leave the beds up and sleep still sitting?

In any event, I am glad that you guys had a great trip. Amtrak is one of the most relaxing ways to travel and still enjoy the beautiful country we live in. :)

Thanks for the mini report. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back