Just received a survey in the mail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetSue

Train Attendant
My husband and I each received a survey in the mail today from Amtrak regarding our recent trip. We went from Toledo to Washington DC and back to Toledo on the CL. They specifically only mention the segment from DC to Toledo. I have not read anything on this forum about receiving surveys. Is this something new?

These surveys seem to be a fairly regular item. It seems every time I travel with segments on the Heartland Flyer, I get a survey for either the southbound or northbound HF segment, but nothing else. In fact I just filled one out yesterday for a recent NOR-FTW run.

I've received two surveys, but I'm definitely returning the most recent one for a trip last May.

It was for a short hop between Davis and Sacramento on California Zephyr. The 15-minute ride was fine, but the coach car needed some tender loving care -- each of the steps had duct tape on them and one of the windows was completely worn (it was yellow and had strands coming off of it).

They're definitely going to hear from me about _that_.

I received one in the mail some months ago for the LSL I took to the Boston gathering. Don't remember if it was 448 or 449. They are all the same rate each question on a scale of I think 1 to 10. No room for comments.

These mail in ones are very common. I just had one for the PDX - CHI leg of my six day trip. I sometimes type out other comments and enclose them with the survey. They actually called me back one time because of what I had said in the comments I sent along with the form survey. So, they are reading them.

Glad to hear they actually read them. I don't have any comments to add to my survey, (no complaints but also nothing to praise)it was an uneventful trip. I couldn't sleep because we rode in coach but that isn't their fault. We ran about an hour late each way but after reading this forum, I know things happen and it isn't an issue with me. We are looking forward to our cross country trip in 9 weeks! I will give a full report when we get back.

I receive them after every 3 or 4 round trips on Amtrak. In the past year I've filled out 10. I also used to use the Amtraksurvey.com hoping I would get that $500 gift card. But the chances were always slim and they discontinued it. Don't know why. My guess is that $1000 in gift cards a month was hurting them. Don't know.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back