Just saying 'hi' :)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this board whilst surfing the web for train facts. I recently got hired by Amtrak, based out of Chicago, as the LSA. My class and me were trained to work in either the Cafe or the Dining car, one of the first classes to be taught like that. So anyways, I've been working mostly in the cafes, but I've worked in the diner of the Texas Eagle twice now.

Tommarrow I go out on the Empire Builder in the cafe again, I was on that last week as well (I'm on the extraboard, so they can send me anywhere south or west ^_^ ).

I've always had loyalty for Amtrak, even though I only started two months ago; mainly, because my dad has worked for Amtrak for about 28 years! I'm quite excited to be hired onto Amtrak, and so is my dad - he is really proud too. He started off as a coach cleaner...Now he is the Superintendant of Mechanical that works on the locomotives in Chicago (buahah I'm an on board worker - does that make him my arch nemesis?).

Well anyways, its been swell, but I have uniforms to wash *laughs*

Veriria,

Welcome to our little forum and congratulations on being hired by Amtrak and continuing a family tradition. :)

Who knows, with a little luck, you may well bump into one of the members from here on one of your runs. B)

Welcome aboard! Now was it the extra $.50 an hour that enticed you to be an LSA? :lol:

Nah. I was making $7.50 an hour managing a Domino's Pizza :p

What a time period to finally make an update! I still work for Amtrak as an LSA. My Dad died last year, just a few months shy of his 40 year mark with Amtrak. And he was under 60 still! It's been almost a year, but I'm still here. Time sure flies!

Welcome back. It is good to hear from you again. :)

Nah. I was making $7.50 an hour managing a Domino's Pizza :p

What a time period to finally make an update! I still work for Amtrak as an LSA. My Dad died last year, just a few months shy of his 40 year mark with Amtrak. And he was under 60 still! It's been almost a year, but I'm still here. Time sure flies!
Sorry to hear about your father.

..Have I seen you on the group for Amtrak Employees on Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back