Kansas City Ticket office closed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Stephenson

Here is a new twist for my travels on Amtrak. When we pulled into Kansas City on 08-15-04 we were not able to get into Union Station because the doors were locked! After about 10 minutes a security guard opened the doors and let us into the station. He then told us that no Amtrak personel showed up for work. We aksed about our bags and a off duty Amtrak manager told us that the bags would be brought to the front of Union Station by a mechanic and we could claim our bags there.( It took about 1 hour to get our bags. ....What gives is Kansas City now a closed station? :eek: :angry:

That's very odd. I generally arrive and depart at KCY every month or two, and it's always been staffed. Most recently I arrived midday on #301(11Aug) and all was normal.

I do know that while Kansas City Union Station is absolutely amazing looking after the restoration, it is not profitable and there is uncertainty about its future. But I definitely don't think it's on the verge of locking the doors tomorrow or anything that drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back