Lake Shore Limited discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
Just realized I won't be seeing the Hudson, from the 4911 Accessible Bedroom out of NYP in June. Guess I'll be spending the 1st few hours in the Diner (aka Sleeper Lounge) if they'll let me.
Or pop into an empty roomette. That’s what I did when my rooomette was on the wrong side and the one across from me was unoccupied out of NYP. Just don’t be a slob and leave a mess 😁

. Of course I will not have Hudson River views because I'm going from/to Boston but I think that I can see the Erie Canal on both sides of the train at different times, daylight permitting.
D.
As far as the Boston sleeper is concerned, in my experience, the orientation is usually fairly consistent with the bedrooms toward the front. However I have seen exceptions where the Boston sleeper is run with the bedrooms at the rear.

Or pop into an empty roomette. That’s what I did when my rooomette was on the wrong side and the one across from me was unoccupied out of NYP. Just don’t be a slob and leave a mess 😁
Well, turns out one of the California clan I'm visiting may be in Europe that weekend, so instead of riding the LSL in June, I'll be riding the Cardinal west in March. They're not in a flood area of So. Cal (yet), but nevertheless I hope all the weird weather has passed by then.

Oddly, when I called AGR to make the change, the new fare that the agent quoted was $800 above what was on the web. I logged on to confirm that it was still there, and she cancelled the original reservation and told me to book the new one on the web, which worked. She said maybe I had locked the lower bucket, although I had never gone past selecting the rooms (just to make sure all segments had a room, as sometimes a ticket with one coach segment is in the same fare range as all rooms in a lower bucket.)