Lake Shore Limited Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Railroad Bill

Buckeye Train Watcher
AU Supporting Member
I know this has been asked before but couldnt find it in the archives. :rolleyes:

When we board the WB LSL 449 in Boston at noon will lunch be served in the cafe car for sleeper passengers or will we need to eat before we board?

Will supper that evening be served after Albany in the dining car (NY section) or before we get to Albany in the cafe car again?

Are the Boston cars still at the front of the train both ways?

What are the sleeper passenger meals like in the cafe car on 448 and 449?

Thanks for your assistance. Two weeks to go CLE-BOS :D :D

I know this has been asked before but couldnt find it in the archives. :rolleyes:

When we board the WB LSL 449 in Boston at noon will lunch be served in the cafe car for sleeper passengers or will we need to eat before we board?

Will supper that evening be served after Albany in the dining car (NY section) or before we get to Albany in the cafe car again?

Are the Boston cars still at the front of the train both ways?

What are the sleeper passenger meals like in the cafe car on 448 and 449?

Thanks for your assistance. Two weeks to go CLE-BOS :D :D
I believe that you should be served lunch, I Think that when I rode the 449 before, I got lunch (but maybe I'm remembering another trip).

The menu for #448/999 can be found Here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all the sleeper passengers get lunch in the cafe before they open it up as a lounge car for the coach pax. Lunch starts 12:20-12:30 ish I think. Dinner on 449 is served after Albany in the dining car. Yes, the Boston cars are at the front of the train both ways. You'll have a nice long walk through 7 or 8 cars to get to the diner in the NY section. Can't answer the last question for you, I'll leave that to someone who has ridden the 448/449 sleeper more recently.

Just wondering.... Is the Cafe car on the Boston section just like the diner on the Cardinal? Same kind of car, with a similar menu...

I was on 448 less than two weeks ago. Unfortunately it was rubber-tired and much less enjoyable than usual :(

In the past the cafe has had two choices available. From salads to sandwiches to a pot-roast like beef entree. Check the link ReidTYK posted to see the latest offerings. If nothing appeals to you, you have the option of anything from the regular cafe menu-chesseburger, etc.

The cafe car is a standard cafe, I believe. The Cardinal cafe has had extra refrigeration and cooking equipment installed.

Enjoy your trip!

Mike

Westbound on 449 in Feb., there were two choices for lunch for sleeper passengers. I had a salad, which was quite good. The dining car out of Albany was served with some style by the very New Yorkish but friendly crew. I really enjoyed the ride in winter through the Berkshires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back