Lake Shore Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the last post, I hit the send key by accident. The real question is - We are getting on train 449 , the Lake Shore Limited in Erie PA at 1:36AM. We have booked a viewliner roomette. Will they have the beds all made up? I also noted that there is no baggage service at Erie. We will have 3 suitcases between the 2 of us. Hope there is room!

This is part of our trip to Alaska. We are taking the train out to Seattle, than flying to Fairbanks, returning to Seattle, than back to Erie PA. I am excited about the Empire Builder.

Well sorry about the double post

As mentioned, your beds will be made up when you board. There is a considerable amount of room above the doorway to store bags in your room. You may want to check some of your bags from Chicago to Seattle on the Empire Builder.

There will be large storage areas on the ground floor of the Superliners (Empire Builder) to store bags as well since Superliner roomettes are very limted in room storage areas.

Thanks for the information! I am happy to know about the beds. 1:30 AM is way past my bedtime. i will be ready to sleep. Hope the train isn't too late. I would hate to miss the connection in Chicago with the Empire Builder. When planning my trip I made the arrangements So that we arrived on the train 26 hours before our flight to Fairbanks. I only have a 4 hour window in Chicago though. Anyway thanks for the repliesM

Genmar,

The rolling suitcase that I normally travel with is 14 inches wide, stands 23 inches tall, and is 7 inches thick. If I had two of those bags, I could just barely fit both of them side by side in the cubbyhole above the hall. The same sized bag can also fit underneath your seats. One bag could be a little wider than mine by maybe an inch or two, the other I’d say could be approximately 5 or 6 inches wider. They could not be much taller or thicker and still fit underneath the seats. There is also room for a shoulder bag next to the larger of the two seats.

So you need to look at the size of your bags to figure out what's going to work here for you. If your planning on much larger suitcases, you're going to have problems when you board in Erie, especially with 3 suitcases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back