Lamy Station Cafe

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
I am sad to report that the Cafe at the Lamy, NM station has been closed. It was the restaurant that was housed in an old dining car right next to the Amtrak station. They have a message on their website at http://www.lamystationcafe.com/.

Too bad. The many times there I never had a chance to eat there.

I am sad to report that the Cafe at the Lamy, NM station has been closed. It was the restaurant that was housed in an old dining car right next to the Amtrak station. They have a message on their website at http://www.lamystationcafe.com/.

Too bad. The many times there I never had a chance to eat there.
Another One Bites the Dust! :( I never Visited it either, Just thought it Looked neat from the Chief as We Rolled by! Hopefully Someday it Can Reopen??? :unsure:

Ate there on when I did a round trip on the Santa Fe Southern. That railroad has been running fewer trains in the last few years.

I fondly remember the enticing smell from some big racks of ribs on the smoker there last July when the westbound Chief made her stop. Places like this are what keep me from wanting to eat in chain restaurants.

Like others have commented, I saw the cafe, walked through it, looked at their menu (which was enticing), and always meant to eat there but never did. I guess there were too many like us.

Sorry to hear. On the eastbound SWC in February I noticed that it appeared to be closed. Last year I drove in there and went in and had coffee and a great piece of pie - very friendly place. It appeared to be the only open business in Lamy, other than the Amtrak ticket office. Lamy really looks like something out of a movie set.

From what I have read elsewhere, the non-renewal of the liquor license was some political thing going on in Santa Fe County. Apparently Santa Fe Southern is having to deal with these political issues as well as I heard they have been kicked out of the depot they were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back