Late Coast Starlight #11

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why the Coast Starlight #11 is running so late? I have been checking the arrival time in Sacramento and for the last two days, the train has been over 12 hours late!!! I know this train is always late, but it is usually 3 or 4 hours, not 12? What's up?

Those guys are lucky with it being the UP's fault. I remember my trip last year where one of the two units died going up the hill out of SLO, and the brilliant engineer decided it would be best to really put his foot into it (not literally of course) and blew the remaining unit trying to make it up the hill. After about 4 hours sitting dead on the track and another 6 at the SLO station Amtrak finally decided to use the two Surfliner engines that had been sitting in SLO the entire time to get us on our way. We ended up arriving in Portland about 16 hours late and catching a bus to Seattle :angry:

rosevillechas said:
Does anyone know why the Coast Starlight #11 is running so late? I have been checking the arrival time in Sacramento and for the last two days, the train has been over 12 hours late!!! I know this train is always late, but it is usually 3 or 4 hours, not 12? What's up?
What's so unusual about this? :lol: :D OBS...

AmtrakLoverAndHater said:
Those guys are lucky with it being the UP's fault. I remember my trip last year where one of the two units died going up the hill out of SLO, and the brilliant engineer decided it would be best to really put his foot into it (not literally of course) and blew the remaining unit trying to make it up the hill. After about 4 hours sitting dead on the track and another 6 at the SLO station Amtrak finally decided to use the two Surfliner engines that had been sitting in SLO the entire time to get us on our way. We ended up arriving in Portland about 16 hours late and catching a bus to Seattle :angry:
It's most likely not his fault. The train probably could have made it up the hill with just one engine, but failures come in bunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back