Late Eastbound #2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamar

Train Attendant
Anyone know why the eastbound Sunset Limited is so late today? It left Los Angeles late, and then got stuck in Yuma, from what I can tell...

Must be earthquake to force the tracks down until it has been inspected by UP crew.
Aloha

I have no Idea if the Mexican Quake is responsible, but My Daughter in LA that there was a lot shaking felt. Said some she knew felt Sea Sick. :unsure: :rolleyes:

V E R Y slow running until the following morning; tracks were heavily inspected way past Yuma and East, all the way from right outside L.A.; earthquake damage is not always visible so they took it real safe and slow and all trains were slowed and tracks inspected. The main Sunset lines run in close enouggh proximity to the epicentre that such precautions are well advised.

V E R Y slow running until the following morning; tracks were heavily inspected way past Yuma and East, all the way from right outside L.A.; earthquake damage is not always visible so they took it real safe and slow and all trains were slowed and tracks inspected. The main Sunset lines run in close enouggh proximity to the epicentre that such precautions are well advised.
Of course! I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back